Local Fishing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Fishing??

Looking for some shore fishing with the small chance of catching something..Going to be taking two 10 year old's. Been reading Chisholm pond in Hurst is stocked every two weeks?? Anyone else have an suggestions? Any help is appreciated!

Marine Creek behind TCC off of 820, nice long shoreline to fish and we used to catch fish there a few years ago.

Comment

What area are you in? there are places all over

Comment

If you had a 16' jon boat, 9.5 horse outboard and trolling motor, where would you go to catch a mess of crappie, catfish or white bass for a fish fry this coming Saturday? This is the question I am asking myself right now.

Headed to Texasfishingforum.com ...

Comment

Ray Roberts. TFF is the shiznit. Did pretty good at tawokani couple weeks ago (b_rod, my dad put up a report in the photo section and striper section)

Comment

Take em to the catfish farm on lawson rd in rowlett.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
              Ray Roberts. TFF is the shiznit. Did pretty good at tawokani couple weeks ago (b_rod, my dad put up a report in the photo section and striper section)
              Where at on RR? And for what species? Presentation used?

Comment

Fishery in Athens Tx
                Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

ive got a little secret spot in arlington......few know about it and if you have a small jon boat (mines a 10ft flat bottom) you can land some nice size catfish and bass.....shore fishing is good for crappie and decent size bass.

there is even a big ass Japanese Koi in the pond that you see every once in a while

yesterday just a couple....we caught about 10 bass and 1 crappie.....crappie was a little over a pound and all the bass were around this size or bigger except one that was a small mouth

just above my hand you can see a gar

little brother and a catfish from last month

Last edited by RuStYpNuS; 04-11-2011, 08:27 PM.

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                    ive got a little secret spot in arlington......few know about it and if you have a small jon boat (mines a 10ft flat bottom) you can land some nice size catfish and bass.....shore fishing is good for crappie and decent size bass.

Pm me the location
                    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Crappie are up in the creeks right now, from 2' to 10'. I can't really help though with spots local to you.

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                        Pm me the location
                        heh....wouldnt you love to know.....

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        Crappie are up in the creeks right now, from 2' to 10'. I can't really help though with spots local to you.

Stevo
                        and we just missed spawn season i think.....little babies are all over the place

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
                          What area are you in? there are places all over
                          Thanks for the replies and I am in Hurst

Comment

Originally posted by DFWminis View Post
                            Thanks for the replies and I am in Hurst
                            your right up the road from my spot......but again there are thousands of places to fish locally

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                              heh....wouldnt you love to know.....

and we just missed spawn season i think.....little babies are all over the place
                              It has been hit and miss all over the place, some places are post spawn, and some they haven't really moved up yet. Every cold front/rain shower seems to push them back deeper in some areas.

If you can find them bedded, they are easy to tick off with a bright jig.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X