Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me screw with the City of Arlington.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    Charging something on futures or speculation should be illegal.
    I agree with you 100% on this.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Here's a copy/paste of a recent email:

MunicipalCourt@ci.arlington.tx.us

You might want to check out this recent post in a local forum. It appears that a citizen is trying tactics to beat a red light camera citation.

Just got a red light ticket in the mail. Didn't the state make red light ticket cameras..unlawful might be the wrong word, but perhaps inadmissible for leveraging a fine sometime last year? I know it is civil, so I don't have to worry about a warrant, and I'm sure as shit not going to pay it. Dallas has been trying to collect

Signed,

A concerned citizen

Send all the emails you want, I've admitted nothing in this thread, BITCHES! Snitches get stitches!

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post
        I would never pay that shit. I'm done paying extortion fees to cities for budget shortfalls. I have a home i bought years ago in Salt Lake City that i rent out. To make up for budget deficits, the city as been charging a "police fee" of $200 per year on top of tax increases to homeowners and businesses. Its basically extortion to me. Needless to say, i haven't paid it in 2 years. I have no idea if its on my credit report and could give a rats ass if it is.

Oh nice. Sort of like the mob charging businesses "Protection" fees. Fantastic.

Comment

I got a ticket in Chicago for an expired meter when I still lived there even though it wasn't expired, and I started doing a little research online about the subject. It turns out that about a month before I got the ticket the City of Chicago government had privatized and contracted out all metering services, and the city had not yet "released" their meter maids from duty, so all th meter maids were run it around giving bogus tickets to try to generate extra revenue for the city...illegally. I didn't pay it, and from then on ne'er paid a meter for the two years I lived there. Never heard anything from them, never went on my credit report, end of story. I also got a red light ticket there that was never paid and same deal... nary a phone call. It's the same shit everywhere. They call it "keeping the peace" and tell you "its's all in the name of safety" while they are actually driving accident statistics up all in the name of generating revenue. Bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Just got a red light ticket in the mail. Didn't the state make red light ticket cameras..unlawful might be the wrong word, but perhaps inadmissible for leveraging a fine sometime last year? I know it is civil, so I don't have to worry about a warrant, and I'm sure as shit not going to pay it. Dallas has been trying to collect $75 for a parking ticket on a car I sold for 9 years now, I'm certainly not lining these clowns pocketbooks. Can one of you fine upstanding gentlemen quote me anything in the traffic code that backs me up?
            Send all the emails you want, I've admitted nothing in this thread, BITCHES! Snitches get stitches!
            You don't have to admit to it, they have it on film!

Comment

Charging something on futures or speculation should be illegal.
              That's not futures, or speculation. At least not the post you quoted.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Jack in the Box in 15 minutes, BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  That's not futures, or speculation. At least not the post you quoted.
                  I was just rambling.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trublugt View Post
                    jack in the box in 15 minutes, bitch!
                    cc 2am!
                    2014 GT
                    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                    X