Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me screw with the City of Arlington.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by futant View Post
    they put them at campbell and 75, i think it was recently

now I noticed the green light is only 10 seconds long
    probably half what it used to be.

coincidence?
    Every single city that has installed stop light cameras have also shortened the yellow light at that interesection.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Sure thing, Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
        Every single city that has installed stop light cameras have also shortened the yellow light at that interesection.
        I read about a guy a few years back that researched the shit out of this theory to fight a ticket and turns out the light was like 30 milliseconds too short so he won his case. Only cost him a couple thousand dollars in legal fees.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Take a photograph of $75 (just like they did with you running a red light) and send it to them. Fair is fair.

You also have a right to face your accusor, so subpeona the red light camera to court so it can testify against you.
            Hell go for full disclosure. The contract with the company operating them, the specs, the test data, all regulations, the installer, the technical qaulifications of said intaller and any person and/or entity maintaining them, any and all calibration data, I think you could probably demand a forest worth of documents.

Comment

Your insurance will now probably go up. Maybe you should call someone about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                Hell go for full disclosure. The contract with the company operating them, the specs, the test data, all regulations, the installer, the technical qaulifications of said intaller and any person and/or entity maintaining them, any and all calibration data, I think you could probably demand a forest worth of documents.
                You do know they can charge you for research by the hour and documents by the page, right?

Comment

Here's a copy/paste of a recent email:

MunicipalCourt@ci.arlington.tx.us

You might want to check out this recent post in a local forum. It appears that a citizen is trying tactics to beat a red light camera citation.

Just got a red light ticket in the mail. Didn't the state make red light ticket cameras..unlawful might be the wrong word, but perhaps inadmissible for leveraging a fine sometime last year? I know it is civil, so I don't have to worry about a warrant, and I'm sure as shit not going to pay it. Dallas has been trying to collect

Signed,

A concerned citizen

Comment

Originally posted by 03trublugt View Post
                    here's a copy/paste of a recent email:

municipalcourt@ci.arlington.tx.us

you might want to check out this recent post in a local forum. It appears that a citizen is trying tactics to beat a red light camera citation.

Just got a red light ticket in the mail. Didn't the state make red light ticket cameras..unlawful might be the wrong word, but perhaps inadmissible for leveraging a fine sometime last year? I know it is civil, so I don't have to worry about a warrant, and I'm sure as shit not going to pay it. Dallas has been trying to collect

signed,

a concerned citizen
                    lmao

Comment

I would never pay that shit. I'm done paying extortion fees to cities for budget shortfalls. I have a home i bought years ago in Salt Lake City that i rent out. To make up for budget deficits, the city as been charging a "police fee" of $200 per year on top of tax increases to homeowners and businesses. Its basically extortion to me. Needless to say, i haven't paid it in 2 years. I have no idea if its on my credit report and could give a rats ass if it is.

Comment

Fuel prices are driving the prices of everything up and it's driving crime up.

The people making the least are paying the most percentage out-of-pocket for fuel and it hurts.

This shit is rediculous.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          Fuel prices are driving the prices of everything up and it's driving crime up.

The people making the least are paying the most percentage out-of-pocket for fuel and it hurts.

This shit is rediculous.
                          Trickle down economics are a bitch
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                            Trickle down economics are a bitch
                            It's not trickle down economics if the people at the top are getting rich, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                              It's not trickle down economics if the people at the top are getting rich, is it?
                              I think it's just basic capitalism.

If it cost x dollars to make a product then I'm going to charge you y dollars for it. If it now costs me x+1 dollars to make it, then I'll be damned if I'm eating that $1. the consumer can now pay y+1 dollars for it, and possibly y+1.25 to cover my aggravation for paying more for my materials.
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                                I think it's just basic capitalism.

If it cost x dollars to make a product then I'm going to charge you y dollars for it. If it now costs me x+1 dollars to make it, then I'll be damned if I'm eating that $1. the consumer can now pay y+1 dollars for it, and possibly y+1.25 to cover my aggravation for paying more for my materials.
                                Charging something on futures or speculation should be illegal.

Comment

Working...
                                X