Moving a pool table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a pool table

Does anyone on here have any experiance moving pool tables?
    I have one I need to taken apart, moved from the garage into a room in the house and put back together.
    It's way too damn heavy to try and move in one piece and even if enough people could carry it in it wouldn't fit into the room in one piece.

From what I remember it comes a part into three sections.

we moved a 3 slate table by removing the legs... it was all sorts of fun

I would just hire somebody to do it! LOL
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

It's worth the money to hire someone
      --Marcus

Comment

That's what I'm looking for, I'm not fucking with it.
        Hell I wanted to move it the other day had to use two foor jacks and some 2x6's just to scoot it 2 feet.

Comment

If you want to do it yourself, you will need to remove the bumpers, carefully lift the felt off the table, unscrew the slate, then move all the parts.

Comment

I've had a few moved over the years. They'll disassemble it in a few minutes and then it's easier to move around. It's a great time (cost-wise) to have it recovered and bumpers replaced (if necessary). They just charged me for the felt and no labor since it was already apart.

Comment

My buddy and I moved mine from my upstairs last summer. It is fairly simple to disassemble and not bad to put back together. All you need to move and reassemble is a couple of strong guys, some beer, bees wax, heat gun, putty knives, spray adhesive, a level, and some more beer.
              01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Probably similar to moving a baby Grand Piano. I had my mother's moved twice. No way I would move something that heavy. We paid for movers to do it and they did it in no time flat. They had a dolly that was set up for moving pianos, etc. the right tool for the job! The legs were taken off....they had a very thick padding the size of a king size bed....
                Mustangs previously owned:
                1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                1992 LX AOD
                1993 LX Drag Car
                1995 GTS
                1997 Cobra
                2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                2016 Honda Accord Touring
                2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

This is one of those jobs that you hire someone, unless all your buddies are juiced up and by buddies I mean eight of them...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I called a place in Euless and they told me $275 to move it.
                    Screw it, it will be worth it just to not have to mess with it

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
                      I called a place in Euless and they told me $275 to move it.
                      Screw it, it will be worth it just to not have to mess with it
                      Did that include new felt?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                        I don't think so. She didn't say anything about new felt.
                        Mine is in perfect shape anyways

Comment

Does anyone on here have any experiance moving pool tables?
                          I have one I need to taken apart, moved from the garage into a room in the house and put back together.
                          It's way too damn heavy to try and move in one piece and even if enough people could carry it in it wouldn't fit into the room in one piece.

From what I remember it comes a part into three sections.
                          here is all you need

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post

I don't think so. She didn't say anything about new felt.
                            Mine is in perfect shape anyways

that's about normal...~$300 to move a table, and that is using the existing felt. if you want new felt, get some simonis cloth and have it there when they move it. here's the guy that i always use:

jeff - (ultimate billiard service)
                            214-298-3689

Comment

I'm in off the road for a few days until the Ultimate 10 ball tourney in Frisco next week- But I own A-Best Billiards (http://www.insidepoolmag.com/magazin...-magazine.html pg 47)
                              and will be working on tables around DFW for the rest of the month. Feel free to contact me if you want something done this week, I have a room on a couple of days during the week. Pretty much any of the players in North Texas know me, and so do alot of the rooms.
                              406-224-5322 cell #
                              Thanks, Shane
                              Last edited by Cuephoric; 04-13-2011, 10:00 AM. Reason: number

Comment

Working...
                              X