• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More real life Idiocracy

The downward spiral continues...

http://realestate.msn.com/blogs/list...a43863&_nwpt=1

Sign of the times? Thousands willing to plaster home with billboard
    Company is offering to pay mortgages if homeowners let it turn their house into a giant ad.

Mobile advertising company Adzookie is offering to paint your place, but the palette may not be exactly what the neighbors will love.

The company's website warns that applicants must be ready for the "bright colors and stares from neighbors" when they apply.

But since Adzookie is willing to pay the mortgage for every month the "billboard" remains, many are leaping at the chance. According to The Wall Street Journal, the company received more than 3,000 applications Wednesday alone. "We hit a nerve," CEO Romeo Mendoza told the newspaper.

There are a few rules: You must be willing to let the paint stay on for a minimum of three months, you can extend the contract for up to a year, and you must own the house (sorry, not a good way of getting back at a cranky landlord). If you change your mind, Adzookie will return it to its original colors.

Mendoza told the Cleveland Leader he was amazed at the response.
    "It really blew my mind. I knew the economy was tough, but it's sad to see how many homeowners are really struggling."

Mendoza said he originally wanted to paint about 10 houses, but received thousands of responses. He's now looking for other companies to join in on the plan so he can paint about 100.

Shit, I would... It would probably get a lot more attention than a billboard anyways.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

"Brought to you by Carl's Jr."
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Don't see how HOA's would ever approve something like that unless they got some under the table.

Comment

if that was in my neighborhood i would burn it down.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

That is some horrible looking shit...brought to you by Carl's Jr.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Damn this country is going down hill.

Apparently parents aren't responsible enough to decide what their kids eat now either.

Comment

Back in the day they did this to old barns or sides of buildings but no thanks on my house.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post

Apparently parents aren't responsible enough to decide what their kids eat now either.
                  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/e...,4567867.story
                  When those parents are letting their kids eat chips and soda for lunch, then yeah, the school should step in a little. Not so far as to not let them bring a lunch, but maybe take it up with the parents.

Common sense should be taught in school.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/e...,4567867.story
                    I'd haul their fucking asses into court.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      When those parents are letting their kids eat chips and soda for lunch, then yeah, the school should step in a little. Not so far as to not let them bring a lunch, but maybe take it up with the parents.

I love how we can regulate how everyone parents their children, but when you talk about limiting the fertility of idiots, you're infringing on their civil rights....

Comment

I can only imagine what that does to the value of homes in the neghborhood. Let alone someone trying to sell thier home.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                          I love how we can regulate how everyone parents their children, but when you talk about limiting the fertility of idiots, you're infringing on their civil rights....
                          This. An aptitude test and a credit check would go a long damn way.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Great advertising by adzookie!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

No they shouldn't. If that is the case, all children should become wards of the state.

Comment

Working...
                              X