Typical Interview Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical Interview Questions

I have a job interview today. This is only my second job interview in about 6 years.
    I did an "over the phone" interview for Home Depot a few weeks ago, and was caught off guard with some of the questions.
    The lady asked my stuff like "Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond for a fellow employee"
    or
    "What's one instance from your previous employ that you're specifically proud off"
    I just wasnt prepared for those kinds of question.
    I mean, I'm proud of the time I laid down successful cover fire with a .50 cal, and my buddies were able to move, but I doubt that's the answer they're looking for.

So, what generic questions have you guys heard, so I can prepare some answers?

The job is RadioShack. They're willing to work with my school schedule, so I'll take what I can get.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Tell them the first answer that pops in your head. I think they are trying to weed out the bullshitters with those questions.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Why are man holes circular?

I had someone ask me that, to which I replied, who would think up a question like that?

Comment

Just answer honestly. If mowing down some towelies was it, mention it.

Keep in mind though, most HR people are inexperienced little twerps with a serious lack of real world experience that feel the need to implement some new dangled technique they just read in HR Weekly. They will exercise what little power they have.
        "is it Pan?"

Comment

I was asked what the most expensive mistake I ever made was.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Why are man holes circular?

I had someone ask me that, to which I replied, who would think up a question like that?
            Round holes are easier to drill and a bigger circle can never fall through a small circle, although a square or rectangle can be inserted diagonally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Round holes are easier to drill and a bigger circle can never fall through a small circle, although a square or rectangle can be inserted diagonally.
              LOL I know the answer, I just didn't understand why it had to be asked, and told them that in a very personable way.

Comment

I was also asked once if I even wanted the job

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  LOL I know the answer, I just didn't understand why it had to be asked, and told them that in a very personable way.
                  It is an indicator of how you think, much like the 'fuck one, marry one, kill one' exercise.

If you say "because they make them that way" you aren't hired.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I was asked what the most expensive mistake I ever made was.
                    What is getting married?

Comment

They ask some questions to see if you can think on your feet or explain a process, but most of that bullshit is just a static checklist. Make shit up if it makes it eaiser.

"An employee had her father pass away but was out of any vacation time. I gave her my vacation time and covered her so she could go to the funeral."

The ones I detest are the questions that assume your last job was heaven on earth. There is a motherfucking reason why I'm looking for another job you dingbat. If I liked that previous job I'd still be there.

Comment

I interview people all the time, and I never use "trick" questions or off the wall stuff. Mostly I ask questions to investigate experience, understand a persons technical ability, and measure their willingness to work in a team. The most important thing in an interview is to be personable, have a smile, demonstrate willingness and motivation.

Comment

Just tell them what they want to hear.
                          WRX

Comment

Name 4 adjectives that describe yourself? ummm, what is an adjective? lol
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I love the 3-4 managers interviewing at once tactic. Favorite interview question ever asked of me was by my potential direct manager, 'if you were to be offered this job, we would offer it with the hopes that you would be here long-term. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, Donald?'

I said, 'in 5 years I hope to have your job.'

I was hired by a phone call walking out to my car by the corporate HR manager who was in the interview.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X