Storms are on the way !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
    It is radar echo on the leading edge of a strong storm. The edge will bow out in the direction the storm is moving. It is an indication of very strong straight line winds.
    Gotcha thanks. Is this an indicator for Tornadic activity?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
      Gotcha thanks. Is this an indicator for Tornadic activity?
      A hook echo means a possible tornado. Bow echo is usually straight line winds.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
      George Orwell

Comment

Channel 8 WFAA has a good radar picture with the bow echo right now.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
        George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
          Channel 8 WFAA has a good radar picture with the bow echo right now.
          Gotcha thanks. Are they saying a tornado touched down south of Dallas for sure yet?

Comment

Tornado sirens just went off out here in Seagoville. Damn power got cut off too, then again, it only takes a small gust of wind to knock that out.
            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
              Yea your just down the street from me then. Im in cross oak ranch on fm720..

we have power though..
              yep, I'm on Naylor but if you come out that dirt road by the lake from Cross Oaks thats basically where I'm at....I've never seen/heard a hail storm like that, pretty crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                Gotcha thanks. Are they saying a tornado touched down south of Dallas for sure yet?
                No word yet. The storms are moving so fast (about 50mph) that if one develops it usually doesn't last long.
                George Orwell

Comment

Told yah storms were coming, look out east Texas !

Comment

Pretty strong storm last night to wake me up from sleeping. I didn't really get any hail in my area in mansfield but the winds where very high and heavy rain. If anyone has any roof damange LMK I can get it taken care of for you.
                    03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                    "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

This was probably the most severe storm I have experienced in Texas. It reminded me of being in a hurricane in Florida. lol
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I slept threw the whole thing.

Comment

The only damage I saw today in Benbrook was a tree blasted in half, guessing by a lightning strike. A friend of mine in Burleson lost the roof off her shed and has a tree on her carport. Amazingly enough my power only flickered! Used to be if we got 50 mph winds I'd be without power for 2-3 days. Oncor finally getting off their asses and hacking down the trees must have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                            yea in aubrey
                            Same here man, woke up around 1am sounded like golf balls were hitting my house/windows. Never heard anything like that before, I was for sure one of my windows was going to break. Crazy ass weather

Comment

I am in Roanoke and don't remember hearing any hail, thankfully, but I did hear a shit load of wind...
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

TMS looks like a warzone this morning
                                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                                X