Best chicken fajita recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best chicken fajita recipe?

Beef fajitas I make just fine, but chicken it seems no matter how much liquid there is, is always dry. What's the trick for chicken fajitas to keep them tender? So far I've just been using chicken breast if that makes a difference.

Pound it out, little lime juice, red fajita seasoning or chicken fajita seasoning (white, garlic&onion based), tiniest splash of worcestershire (optional). They key is pounding that shit thin as you can get it. The thinner it is, the less time it's on the grill. Less time on grill = more juicy.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Cook it as a breast then cut it after it comes off the grill. I buy HEB fajitas and grill them, then cut them up and they are bad a$$. Although my wife cuts them up and cooks them in a pan for a long time and they come out decent. I think steak is the one thats harder.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

step 1: buy pre-seasoned chicken fajitas at any Mexican meat market
        step 2: grill to perfection
        step 3: ???
        step 4: profit

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          I think steak is the one thats harder.
          See my previous post, except replace "chicken" with "beef"

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
            See my previous post, except replace "chicken" with "beef"
            I have found that they are hard to cook in a pan. However the last time I cooked them I tried the grill and cut them up after like the chicken and they were great.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Try the Fiesta brand fajita seasoning, it seems to be the best that I have found as a pre-packaged season pack. Cook as bcoop mentioned.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I cook some meat from la michoacana and then cook them a bit more in a pan with butter, bell peppers, and onions.
                Last edited by mstng86; 04-08-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

That's the key to moist chicken period (pounding it out). Well, and to not over cook the shit out of it. Which most people, and even a lot of restaurants do.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Brine it and don't over cook.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                      step 1: buy pre-seasoned chicken fajitas at any Mexican meat market
                      step 2: grill to perfection
                      step 3: ???
                      step 4: profit
                      Wow... somebody discovered 4chan....

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        Hell I would have figured he found the discount section of the local supermarket. I would never buy some pre-chopped-and-seasoned crap from the local meat counter.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          Nah, the memes just take a while to trickle down to normal websites. Only pedophiles hang out on 4chan.

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          Hell I would have figured he found the discount section of the local supermarket. I would never buy some pre-chopped-and-seasoned crap from the local meat counter.

Stevo
                          If you want good Mexican food you've gotta go straight to the source, ie. the Mexican meat market. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

and FYI, It's not pre-chopped, it's a giant pounded out slab that's been soaking in a seasoned bath.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            That's the key to moist chicken period (pounding it out). Well, and to not over cook the shit out of it. Which most people, and even a lot of restaurants do.
                            X 10 beelion!! i prefer white seasoning myself!
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                            X