Is netflix online in HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is netflix online in HD?

i know you can pay the monthly charge and rent as many netflix movies as you want and also watch them online and not worry about discs. which would work out cool for me because I have a WDTV Hub thing that has built in netflix connected to my tv. But im curious, does it stream in HD? if just regular DVD quality, i wouldnt be so excited about it...

x2 Let me know. I stream stuff on my ps3 with 1080p 120hz and get some shitty ass low-quality stuff sometimes from them....

Comment

It's going to stream depending on your network connection, the faster the connection the better the quality.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Starz play has HD movies.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

i know if you have netflix on the ps3/xbox it is in HD

Comment

yup, connection dependent. I get HD from time to time in hotels, and usually at the apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
              i know if you have netflix on the ps3/xbox it is in HD
              I call false..... I streamed Family Guy the other day and it was regular tv quality.

Comment

It can be. They use 3 tiers: 1.5Mbps = DVD quality, 3Mbps = better than DVD and 6Mbps = 720p. It will change the tiers if your connection changes to keep playback smooth.

I always get 720p with my PS3, it'll start at DVD quality and scale up after a minute or so when the connection stabilizes.

Comment

it will say "Streaming HD available" if that movie has HD available...not all movies or tv shows do though
                  2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                    I call false..... I streamed Family Guy the other day and it was regular tv quality.
                    Was the source media in HD? If Hulu, Apple or even Fox hold the rights to the HD broadcast and don't want to share then Netflix might be stuck with low quality crap.

Comment

Some of the programing is available in HD some of it isn't. It will also depend on what your connection is like. You might start with HD but if your connection slows down it will downgrade the quality of your show, there are exceptions to this rule though. I have a Sony BD player that streams Netflix from your instant que list and if you internet slows down it will not downgrade my video quality for some reason, just an FYI.
                      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Netflix has been streaming in HD on the 360 since last november.
                        Not sure about other devices.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                          uummm, okay. are you a referee or something?

i was at a friends house the other day watching blue mountain state through his xbox with netflix and it was in HD.

Comment

Working...
                          X