plano newbee here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plano newbee here

my 11 year old son just bought his first car (86 w t-tops) last week. it is a project car that needs tons of work. I haven't messed with a fox body in 15 years. so we are looking forward to all the new stuff that has come to the market and the knowledge ya'll can lend....
    first class white trash

Put $5k into it and you will beat everything on the road. True story.

Welcome to the board.

Comment

Your son's 11 and he bought a car?
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
        my 11 year old son just bought his first car (86 w t-tops) last week. it is a project car that needs tons of work. I haven't messed with a fox body in 15 years. so we are looking forward to all the new stuff that has come to the market and the knowledge ya'll can lend....
        your 11 year old bought a car?

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Your son's 11 and he bought a car?
          yup.. i told him to save up 250 bucks (christmas money, mowing yards etc) and i would match it. we found an 86 mustang, v6 auto with t-tops on craigslist. we already yanked the engine and tranny and he is taking off the front clip after school....
          i figured he will learn good work ethic and the value of a dollar by building his own car... not to mention the time we share and the skills he will learn.
          first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
            your 11 year old bought a car?
            I bought my first truck at 10, second at 14, and third at 15. And yes, it was MY money that I earned mowing lawns.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

yup.. i told him to save up 250 bucks (christmas money, mowing yards etc) and i would match it. we found an 86 mustang, v6 auto with t-tops on craigslist. we already yanked the engine and tranny and he is taking off the front clip after school....
              i figured he will learn good work ethic and the value of a dollar by building his own car... not to mention the time we share and the skills he will learn.
              Good man! I wish every parent out there would teach their kid the value of a buck by doing this instead of the sad excuse of "I just bought them a new car because its safer".

Your kid will respect that car alot more than all his friends do theirs Im sure.

Comment

Pretty freaking cool!

Comment

Awesome idea! I remember working on cars with my dad when I was younger and those are some of my best memories. Now I have a 4 year old to help me work on cars, and by that I mean I let him hold a flash light and he shines it everyhere but where I need him to, lol.
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                    Good man! I wish every parent out there would teach their kid the value of a buck by doing this instead of the sad excuse of "I just bought them a new car because its safer".

Your kid will respect that car alot more than all his friends do theirs Im sure.
                    X2 ill drink to that

BTW welcome aboard newb

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      I bought my first truck at 10, second at 14, and third at 15. And yes, it was MY money that I earned mowing lawns.
                      What did you do with a truck at 10?
                      Originally posted by Nash B.
                      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Ah, I see. Very cool idea. Guessing you pretty much got a roller for $500?
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                          What did you do with a truck at 10?
                          Looked at it, worked on it, etc. Damn sure didn't drive it, obviously.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            Ah, I see. Very cool idea. Guessing you pretty much got a roller for $500?
                            yea pretty much... i mean it's all there, even the original spare tire has the original air in it (lol) has the original premium sound cassete player etc.. it's been sitting for 10 years
                            my fav car was an 84 gt that i made G-monster out of
                            but back then we got most of our parts from pick n pull or made them.
                            we plan for moderatly healthy 302, (250 or so hp) and a lil ole t-5
                            8.8 with some 3.55s
                            now for suspension and brakes, i'm still trying to catch up to speed, we use to just box our arms and weld the shock towers and such, but i have noticed tons of new parts available.. so we are figuring that out
                            first class white trash

Comment

Good to see parents doing this with their kids instead of focusing on Xbox360..

Welcome!
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X