How do I buy stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I buy stock?

I'd like to buy some stock in just 1 company... I'm getting confused with all the "30 commission free trades with trial offer BS"... is there not an easy way I can do this? Like, punch in the NASDAQ symbol, put in my credit card info, and qty to buy?!?

Im a total n00b at this.

You need to open an account with someone (e-trade, schwab, Zecco etc) and transfer money into it.

I think Zecco is the cheapest commissions, but seem to be slow about transfers. I use Charles Schwab for all my real investing and Zecco for BS penny stock stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
      I'd like to buy some stock in just 1 company... I'm getting confused with all the "30 commission free trades with trial offer BS"... is there not an easy way I can do this? Like, punch in the NASDAQ symbol, put in my credit card info, and qty to buy?!?

Im a total n00b at this.
      You have to go through a broker of some sort and there are several low fee, online sources. I'm sure others will chime in with their favorite source as I don't use anyone currently.

Comment

You can buy stock on an Evo 4g...

Comment

I was with Merril Lynch but now with Scottrade and have made a few trades over the past month. I have no issues with them so far and have been quite happy. There are no monthly fees, any stock over $1.00 it is a flat rate $7 a trade and those stocks under a dollar are 1-2% off principle balance plus the $7 fee.

Which company are you looking at if you don't mind me asking?
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            You can buy stock on an Evo 4g...

Lolz

Comment

Another Scottrade user here. No issues. I am not sure about other brokers but Scottrade has local offices.

Comment

E*Trade works well, a little more $ per trade tho, but great tools and help when needed.

Comment

I use sharebuilder because you don't have to put in a predetermined amount. You put in what you want to spend and that's it. I think Etrade asked me for 1500 bucks to start up.
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    I use sharebuilder because you don't have to put in a predetermined amount. You put in what you want to spend and that's it. I think Etrade asked me for 1500 bucks to start up.
                    Oh, and just to elaborate on my original post, Scottrade only requires $500 be deposited within 90 days of account activation.
                    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Im also with Scottrade....I have no complaints...was with E*trade...they are good as well, but scottrade has local offices if you ever have questions...
                      Big Rooster Racing
                      85' Coupe
                      sigpic

Comment

if its penny zecco is best even with the slow trades. Like zecco for bigger ones as well i've tried tradeking and etrade tradeking has got to have some of the highest fees ever.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                          I was with Merril Lynch but now with Scottrade and have made a few trades over the past month. I have no issues with them so far and have been quite happy. There are no monthly fees, any stock over $1.00 it is a flat rate $7 a trade and those stocks under a dollar are 1-2% off principle balance plus the $7 fee.

Which company are you looking at if you don't mind me asking?
                          Just signed up with Scottrade. Kinda fun. =)

HCCI

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                            Just signed up with Scottrade. Kinda fun. =)

HCCI
                            They have quite a few local offices around which makes depositing quite easy.

Comment

I like Etrade because they give you that little encrypted log in keychain thing. But really any of the ones suggested here will be fine.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X