• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a classic rare Mustang

Rare Shelby Mustang Found While Cleaning Garage

POSTED: 3:16 pm CDT April 5, 2011
    UPDATED: 8:48 am CDT April 6, 2011

facebookdel.icio.usbuzzdiggreddit›› Email›› PrintLECOMPTON, Kan. -- Imagine cleaning out a garage and finding something so amazing that it was like winning the lottery.

It happened to a Lecompton businessman.

Working as an auctioneer for the last 40 years, Bill Fair said he has come across some weird stuff.

"A skull ... body parts," he said.

But Fair said even he wasn't prepared for what he found recently.

What Fair found was a classic 66 Shelby Mustang -- one of only 1,100 made, and sold from Carroll Shelby's personal car lot.

The fastback was sitting in the middle of a huge pile of junk in a storage unit. It has been there 26 years and was in near perfect condition.

"In the middle of all the trash was a car," he said.

Fair didn't really know what his company had just found. A little research showed that similar cars have sold for upwards of $2 million.

Fair had been hired by the Texas attorney general's office to take over and clean out the building. When he told them about the car, they had it shipped to an auction in San Antonio.

And while Fair may never see the classic Mustang again, he will never forget it.

Fair said they've already had an offer of $60,000 for the car. The Texas attorney general's office is expecting to get around $200,000

I would've had that car gone in 60 seconds.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

proof that barret jackson has fucked up the car hobby, lotsa bad info those queers got fed. perfect '66 cars are under a buck fifty these days
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

lol @ 2 million.

Comment

If I was cleaning out that storage, there would not have been a Mustang found, much less turned in.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            If I was cleaning out that storage, there would not have been a Mustang found, much less turned in.
            thats for damn sure!

Comment

Ugh sir, what do you need that tow truck for?

Comment

x10

Car? What car? I didn't see a car.

Comment

So exactly how do you go about getting a vehicle like that titled and registered?

Comment

Who said anything about registering it.....
                    Big Rooster Racing
                    85' Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      So exactly how do you go about getting a vehicle like that titled and registered?
                      Vin swap FTw

Comment

Working...
                      X