Bed bugs, beware.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed bugs, beware.....

Work recently took me to the butthole of North America (aka: New Orleans) for a few days and I got lit up by what appears to be bed bugs. I was staying at the Sleep-Inn @ 6589 Westbank Expressway in Marrero because it was around $100 per night and was pretty close to the jobsite I would be working on. The place was your average $100 hotel and I've stayed in much worse under protest. In other words the place didn't appear to be that bad. I wake up at around 0545 and walk into the bathroom and feel something crawling on my back. I look in the mirror and see what appears to be a small reddish/brown beetle type bug that I wiped off and it landed in the sink. I'm still about 60% asleep so I'm thinking, "That is fucking gross, but it is probably just a small cockroach." After a 30-second google image search I'm like, "You cunt motherfucker!" It was a bed bug and so now I'm googling "bed bugs with AIDS" and so on. Then I come across a video that shows you where to look in a hotel room and you guessed it, I found more behind the headboard. I grabbed my larva sample on the blade of my knife grabbed all my shit and headed to the front desk to show the clerk and got the fuck out of there. Like a dumbass I had left my luggage and my laptop bag open and on the bed next to mine the entire night because I used to be only grossed out by the floors in hotels. Turns out that probably the worst place to put things and now I'm out a Samsonite bag and good laptop case because that shit went straight to the garbage. I ended up checking into a different hotel ($120 cause that is much more better, right?), checked the entire room as best I could with no bed bug evidence, de-loused my body, and then washed/dried everything in the guest laundry on the highest/longest setting I could find. So be on the lookout if you travel overnight at all. Word is these things are bitch x 25 to get rid of and you don't want to deal with them in your home.

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    Work recently took me to the butthole of North America (aka: New Orleans) for a few days and I got lit up by what appears to be bed bugs. I was staying at the Sleep-Inn @ 6589 Westbank Expressway in Marrero because it was around $100 per night and was pretty close to the jobsite I would be working on. The place was your average $100 hotel and I've stayed in much worse under protest. In other words the place didn't appear to be that bad. I wake up at around 0545 and walk into the bathroom and feel something crawling on my back. I look in the mirror and see what appears to be a small reddish/brown beetle type bug that I wiped off and it landed in the sink. I'm still about 60% asleep so I'm thinking, "That is fucking gross, but it is probably just a small cockroach." After a 30-second google image search I'm like, "You cunt motherfucker!" It was a bed bug and so now I'm googling "bed bugs with AIDS" and so on. Then I come across a video that shows you where to look in a hotel room and you guessed it, I found more behind the headboard. I grabbed my larva sample on the blade of my knife grabbed all my shit and headed to the front desk to show the clerk and got the fuck out of there. Like a dumbass I had left my luggage and my laptop bag open and on the bed next to mine the entire night because I used to be only grossed out by the floors in hotels. Turns out that probably the worst place to put things and now I'm out a Samsonite bag and good laptop case because that shit went straight to the garbage. I ended up checking into a different hotel ($120 cause that is much more better, right?), checked the entire room as best I could with no bed bug evidence, de-loused my body, and then washed/dried everything in the guest laundry on the highest/longest setting I could find. So be on the lookout if you travel overnight at all. Word is these things are bitch x 25 to get rid of and you don't want to deal with them in your home.
    Damn, dude-that's mortifying. I didn't know they were big enough to see. I thought they were microscopic. Scary!
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Well, I should sleep easy tonight.

Dammit.

Comment

Why did I google that, why did I google that, WHY DID I GOOGLE THAT.....
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yeah the baby ones are small, but you can see them if you know what they look like. After they grow up and especially after they suck your blood they are more than large enough to see. Here's a good housekeeping tip, look for their shit, which is dried up blood, to know if you have them. I swear I felt them crawling on me for a week.....

Comment

Thanks in advance for the nightmares.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Yeah the baby ones are small, but you can see them if you know what they look like. After they grow up and especially after they suck your blood they are more than large enough to see. I swear I felt them crawling on me for a week.....
              Fucking rank!
              Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Btw-I went to google it and found this-GET PAID! http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-glendale.html
                Token Split Tail

Comment

yikes! just imagine all the hookers and meth heads those bugs have been sucking on in that room. lol

Comment

The CDC has found AIDS actually dies in bedbugs, but there is a wonderful pic for you.

http://gawker.com/#!5626650/bedbugs-may-have-the-cure-for-aids

Comment

If you bring them home you're fucked. Sucks dude!

Comment

i saw them on a tv show, ruined a house and cost the family over 20k to get rid of them

Comment

I stay in chain hotels (Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, etc.) in Texas and Oklahoma 12-14 weeks out of the year and so far have avoided the dreaded bed bugs.

Comment

I used to travel for work & ran into Bedbugs once @ a Holiday Inn, in St. Joseph, Minnesota... Raised hell with the front desk. I made them refund my $$$, as well as have my clothing & luggage disinfected.

Most the time I stay with Staybridge Suites. They have great rooms & excellent prices. If you enroll in the Priority Club, (free) they will usually upgrade your room for free. Once you've reached Platinum, it is a guaranteed upgrade. I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with my family in Baton Rouge, on the way back from FL this last Xmas... $109.00 for the night.

Comment

I swear I felt them crawling on me for a week.....
                              Formication is a bitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X