Got an interview tomorrow.. what to wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 01svtboy View Post
    And Im at BMW looking for a 7 series to go with th enew look!
    Just hire a driver for the day, but make sure they're driving you in a Rolls or Bentley. Also be sure there is a red carpet from the car to the interviewer's office.

Comment

• Fake watches are like Mustang V6 models with Cobra emblems.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

• Several things here...

First Chris, Pro88LX knows his fine men's wear, and I'd take his advice anytime.

Watches, I've owned several replicas, and for the most part, unless I took it off and handed it to someone to over analyze, most really couldn't tell the difference, unless they knew exactly what to look for, i.e. the tail on the red hand Al pointed out.

Interviews, no matter what job you are interviewing for, you dress one level above the expected dress wear of the position you're applying for at a minimum. I.E. If you know everyone there wears a dress shirt and slacks, you step it up, put on a tie, and a jacket at the least. If you were going to interview at Best Buy where they wear polos and khakis, you step it up and wear a dress shirt, slacks and a tie at the least. The other option is to always ask the HR person who scheduled your interview what the expected dress code is.

No matter the position you are applying for, you want to put your best foot forward at all times, dress sharp, get a haircut, shave, shower, smell good, but not overly cologned. Shine your shoes, press your pants and shirt, wear a belt that matches your shoes. Don't unbutton two buttons on a dress shirt to show off chest hair, or your sweet gold chain. Act like you are interviewing for the managing position of the position you are interviewing for, and you'll never go wrong. Sometimes it's not about what they expect you to wear, you're trying to impress them, not the other way around.

Also, be prepared, take extra copies of your resume in a folder, or leather binder, have a pen on you, take notes, ask questions, and do your research about the company and position you are trying to fill. I've interviewed tons of people, mostly for IT, technical positions, but some sales and administrative as well. And it's not necessarily the ones that answered all the questions right that got the jobs, but the ones that fit with their personality, cleanliness, attitude, professionalism, and appearence in general. Basically the ones that went above and beyond to show they were truely interested in the job.

Comment

• Always dress for success .

Comment

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            So before you google, please tell me what you look for on a Rolex picture (not in person) that screams fake?

I am listening.
            If you are really interested in learning a ton about similarities and differences between authentic and replica watches, check out http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/ There are some incredibly knowledgeable people there, and they go WAY in depth on what makes a great fake.

You can absolutely buy replicas which are of such high quality that even an expert would have trouble spotting them, but they can easily run well north of $1k.

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            Shape of the case, crown guard, size of the date magnifier (if applicable), etc..

You can just go by sweeping movement anymore, that's a given.

I'm still curious about this battery thing though...
            Me too. Mike, we're questioning the fact that you said it was a "kinetic"(automatic) movement, yet it uses a battery?
            2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
              If you are really interested in learning a ton about similarities and differences between authentic and replica watches, check out http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/ There are some incredibly knowledgeable people there, and they go WAY in depth on what makes a great fake.

You can absolutely buy replicas which are of such high quality that even an expert would have trouble spotting them, but they can easily run well north of $1k.

Me too. Mike, we're questioning the fact that you said it was a "kinetic"(automatic) movement, yet it uses a battery?
              I said mine was (which it is), and my coworker brought theirs (non kinetic) to have it replaced.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                lol. Seriously though, do people look at my ass to see what kind of slacks I am wearing? If you have a normal cut coat on it will most likely be covered anyways and barely be seen.
                Did you ever seen American Psycho? That group would notice.

Comment

• Well look at all you fashionable motherfuckers in here!

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Well look at all you fashionable motherfuckers in here!
                    I'm wearing old shoes, a t shirt with holes and baggy old navy jeans.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Well look at all you fashionable motherfuckers in here!
                      Hey now, I wear cowboy boots and jeans to work everyday.

What the fuck do I know, other than I wore two different suits to two different interviews at Perot Systems/Dell, and they hired my lazy ass!

Comment

• It's spring time, wear a white suit.

Comment

• "Signs", released May 1971 by Five Man Electrical Band

And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
                          So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
                          He said "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do"
                          So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"

Comment

• Fake it till you make it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Fake it till you make it!!!
                              That's what she said/did.

Comment

• Wear a three wolf moon shirt. They'll probably hire you as CEO!
                                Originally posted by Nash B.
                                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Working...
                                X