Best way to get even??? v.ebay scammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
    I regret getting as wrapped up in it as I am. I thought it would be a good way to generate income to grow my business and it was, for a short period of time. Now I wish I had spent this time developing a career, ahh hindsight, bit me again.

I too buy a lot of stuff on ebay. I pretty much cross-shop everything I'm going to buy on there even really common stuff so long as it's not something I need right away. It's a great way to buy things. If you fund all purchases with a credit card you cannot be scammed.

I'm iffy about shipping from forum sales. If someone has 1K+ posts on a forum I don't mind it, but if someone is basically a newb I won't do it.
    This may have been posted already but what do you sell if you don't mind me asking?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      This may have been posted already but what do you sell if you don't mind me asking?
      PM'd

I share very little info on the web anymore. I'm wary of posting license plates or even house numbers in a pic.
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I regret getting as wrapped up in it as I am. I thought it would be a good way to generate income to grow my business and it was, for a short period of time. Now I wish I had spent this time developing a career, ahh hindsight, bit me again.

I too buy a lot of stuff on ebay. I pretty much cross-shop everything I'm going to buy on there even really common stuff so long as it's not something I need right away. It's a great way to buy things. If you fund all purchases with a credit card you cannot be scammed.

I'm iffy about shipping from forum sales. If someone has 1K+ posts on a forum I don't mind it, but if someone is basically a newb I won't do it.
        hey man, I don't have a crystal ball either...

I will say that since getting into the diesel stuff, the scammers are few and far between. There are shitbags anywhere, but your average diesel guy is just a "good ol' boy"

I can't tell you how many times I get guys from out of state responding to my local CL ads and are ready to just send me cash in an envelope. I'm like "well, if you send me a money order, you'll get your item, but man... don't make a habit of sending random people off of CL money!"

if you're selling ricer shit or cell phones or something? forget it... bunch of scammers and low lifes
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

If someone files a dispute immediately when they get the item, then escalates that to a claim seconds later, without ever bothering to contact you to make it right, won't file a claim with UPS, won't send you pics, and likely won't respond to your messages, grab your ankles and bend over.

Although sometimes they send interesting things back when they "return" your item. I once got a dead turtle instead of the aplinestars gloves I had sold the buyer. I always wondered if it was alive or dead when they shipped it.
          Well crap.... I had never thought of that angle before. I had 2 people try the "I did not get my item" thing with a few cell phones that I sold. I just entered the tracking # and they were shown to be delivered and the case was closed in my favor. If the buyer is stating that the item is "significantly not as described" I can see how this is working for them as they have the option to return it. They have to know that you will have access to some of their info. I guess that people think that if you are far enough away that you will never show up in person.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            Well crap.... I had never thought of that angle before. I had 2 people try the "I did not get my item" thing with a few cell phones that I sold. I just entered the tracking # and they were shown to be delivered and the case was closed in my favor. If the buyer is stating that the item is "significantly not as described" I can see how this is working for them as they have the option to return it. They have to know that you will have access to some of their info. I guess that people think that if you are far enough away that you will never show up in person.
            Oh yeah, those are always easy-breasy. It's the swap-return scam that always gets me. There used to be a ton of different successful scams a few years back and those loopholes got closed over time, but this one is the only one that is still going that I can tell. Shit, I would rather have one of the old ones compared to this one, it would only cost you 50% off the sale price of your item for one of my old "favoritres"

I'm not going to Florida for $65, but if it was $6500 you can bet your ass I would.
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Although sometimes they send interesting things back when they "return" your item. I once got a dead turtle instead of the aplinestars gloves I had sold the buyer. I always wondered if it was alive or dead when they shipped it.
              that's beyond fucked up. a turtle instead of a brick means they are a sick twisted individual that deserves a molotov cocktail to the face.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

My wife had a Disney D&B purse she wanted to sell and put it on ebay with my account.

Some dummy in Houston won it. His old lady said it wasn't a real D&B because it didn't have some leather tag on it. He got all huffy about it, filed a dispute and sent it off to D&B before hearing from me. I told him it was the real deal and he was wasting his time and money sending it off. D&B said it was real, of course, then told him that the earlier editions of the purse didn't have the leather tag. This was an ordeal that went on for weeks and this guy started running his fuckhole about how he was going to file charges and sue me and all this shit. I just want to know if he went home and punched his bitch in the face the day he found out he made an ass of himself because of her. You know she was the one who had a fit when she thought it wasn't real because it didn't look like the one on the internet.

"You better get your ass on that internet and get me a real purse or get our money back!!"
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Burn that piece of shits house down, fuck thieves

Comment

I sell a couple hundred items a month on there (high end very gently used mens dress clothes). Sold a coat for 3 grand that i was nervous as shit about until he left me positive feedback lol. I don't allow any returns for this very reason. Probably costs me some sales, but i go over every item VERY closely, and give all measurements, so i've never had any issues. I will say that having to pay 12% of sales to ebay/paypal, plus listing fees is fucked up.

Comment

The only issue I've ever had personally was someone bitching about shipping being cheaper than my posted flat rate.

I do have a kid right now that is on non-pay status.

Comment

sold an item on ebay and the person who won it changed their shipping addy to canada right when i invoiced him and used a free shipping ebay bucks cert or something so i had to ship to quebec for free.

to sum things up i lost 60 bucks on the deal but hell.. made quite a bit more after that.

i only like to accept paypal on my online store and usually cross-promote my store vs. ebay when i run an auction and hike the piss out of the ebay store by 40% or more, just so they get it cheaper from my online store and it only costs me paypal fees instead of a cluster of ebay fees and 21day hold bullshit.

as soon as my store processes the payment i transfer the gross to another paypal addy then the net from there to my bank.

never had an issue doing it that way.

to hell with ebay-->paypal-->me ..

just sayin'

Comment

I say, go to 4chan post info, then have /b/ army attack him
                          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Lure his parents into a field after telling the owner of the field that there are pony-stealers about. He will shoot them.

Next, host a chili con carnival in which everyone brings their own chili to enter into a chili cook off. Invite the scammer.

Have the scammer taste the chili you made, and unbeknown to him it will be made of chopped up pieces of his parents.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by dohctr View Post
                              lure his parents into a field after telling the owner of the field that there are pony-stealers about. He will shoot them.

Next, host a chili con carnival in which everyone brings their own chili to enter into a chili cook off. Invite the scammer.

Have the scammer taste the chili you made, and unbeknown to him it will be made of chopped up pieces of his parents.
                              what........the..........fuck lol

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                                Lure his parents into a field after telling the owner of the field that there are pony-stealers about. He will shoot them.

I came just in time to see Mr. Denkins giving his report to Officer Barbrady. And of course, to steal the bodies. After a night with the hacksaw, I was all ready to put on my Chili Con Carnival, so that I could tell you personally about your parents' demise! And of course, feed you your chili. Do you like it? Do you like it, Scott? I call it, "Mr. & Mrs. Tenorman Chili."

Comment

Working...
                                X