No announcement yet.

First the redlight tickets, now speeding ticket cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had them in a small town outside Baton Rouge. I read in the paper that they were not enforceable. It is essentially a third party company with no relation to law enforcement IIRC.

Didn't pay mine. No warrants either.
    Last edited by Taylor; 04-03-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Free money for the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        I wish they would put them on Hillcrest here in Dallas so they could catch the DPD idiots driving 50 mph in a 35 zone every single fucking day.
        Alot of departments have a 15mph rule to respond to calls. Police aren't an ambulance, you don't run lights and sirens to every call. Guess you are also going to be the one crying when you get shot or in an wreck and wondering what is taking the police so long. Hopefully in your case they just decide to go by your speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
          Alot of departments have a 15mph rule to respond to calls. Police aren't an ambulance, you don't run lights and sirens to every call. Guess you are also going to be the one crying when you get shot or in an wreck and wondering what is taking the police so long. Hopefully in your case they just decide to go by your speed limit.
          So. police running 15 mph (at the minimum) past the speed limit without lights flashing to signal the general public is normal practice?

Good to know I guess.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
            So. police running 15 mph (at the minimum) past the speed limit without lights flashing to signal the general public is normal practice?

Good to know I guess.

Stevo

I could see this I guess if for instance your responding to a could be domestic disturbance or someone acting mischievous, your sense of urgency would be up. To turn on your lights from 5 miles away would also somewhat defeat the purpose and you would make it completely impossible be there at the same time as the bad folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
              lol, they're not on calls, they're just headed back at the end of their shift... if they're on a call, they would have their lights on
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                LOL, true dat! especially the cops.

That's just stupid. I want nothing to do with California LE.
                Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                  That's just stupid. I want nothing to do with California LE.
                  so do you take calls and not turn on your lights? If you do take calls and not turn on your lights do you obey the traffic laws while doing so? Not trying to be a pot turner but I'm curious as to how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                    There is a stretch of highway in northern new mexico near alberquerque where they use UAVs and police helicopters mounted with radar and camaras to monitor speed and send you a ticket.
                    between Albuquerque and Farmington we saw all that. Fucking crazy lol.
                    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

I guess the only upside to these type tickets is it does not go on your driving record. 67 in a 55 and the fine is $50.00

Comment

Unless an officer hands me a ticket I'm not paying a fucking dime.

Comment

I wouldn't pay them jack shit. I don't even pay regular tickets without a fight. You have a 50/50 chance it will be dismissed before it ever makes it to trial plus it kicks it down the road at least a year.

Comment

I got a redlight ticket in my wife's Honda in Richardson... I paid it because it came addressed to HER and she wasn't having the whole "fight the power" thing. She was like "go get one in YOUR car and don't pay it"

I paid
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I would be OK with speed cameras if they would put them in areas where they would do the most good. School zones, residential areas with kids, etc. But I'm not so big on them using them on highways.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                I got a redlight ticket in my wife's Honda in Richardson... I paid it because it came addressed to HER and she wasn't having the whole "fight the power" thing. She was like "go get one in YOUR car and don't pay it"

I paid
                                The satisfaction you got from winning over the whole camera to-pay-or-not-to-pay routine probably would not have made up for the recourse from the events that would transpire had you insisted to your wife that you weren't paying it.
                                Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                                I would be OK with speed cameras if they would put them in areas where they would do the most good. School zones, residential areas with kids, etc. But I'm not so big on them using them on highways.
                                I agree. School zones and the like: yes. Highways: no.

Comment

Working...
                                X