First the redlight tickets, now speeding ticket cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
    They have those in Arizona as well and California. They do suck. I believe the people in Arizona raised hell about them. I hope they never get them here in DFW.
    Arizona nuked 'em last year.

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
    Had them in a small town outside Baton Rouge. I read in the paper that they were not enforceable. It is essentially a third party company with no relation to law enforcement IIRC.

Didn't pay mine. No warrants either.
    I forget how the tickets are processed, but the worst that happens to you is it goes on your credit report as non-payment of debt (or something to that effect).
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      So. police running 15 mph (at the minimum) past the speed limit without lights flashing to signal the general public is normal practice?

Good to know I guess.

Stevo
      No not to 95 percent of the calls. We have no such policy for a 15mph buffer, it is a use your best judgement thing. We only tone out on two calls now for lights and siren, major accidents, and domestic violence in progress. We use to go for fights in progress, burglary in progress, and theft in progress but after so many damn kids getting in fights after school we cut that out. Burglary in progress we will step up if the homeowner is inside the residence but we still kill the sirens a good ways off. Oh and suicides depending on the nature of the call. My department catches you hauling ass to lunch or a bs call and you will be called to the carpet. We also have cameras that switch on at 80 mph. You dont dare trip the camera with out lights and sirens because it is an automatic review. The highway is fine if you are catching up to a vehicle. However, all departments are totally different on speed and chase policies. I can show you some good pictures of why not to haul ass in a squad car just because you think you can....
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
        Alot of departments have a 15mph rule to respond to calls. Police aren't an ambulance, you don't run lights and sirens to every call. Guess you are also going to be the one crying when you get shot or in an wreck and wondering what is taking the police so long. Hopefully in your case they just decide to go by your speed limit.
        Of course I am talking about guys speeding out of and more importantly in this case, INTO the Hillcrest substation, like they have been doing for the past eight years I have driven that road. Every single day. I guess, according to you, someone at the station must have called the police.

I shouldn't be suprised at you jumping to conclusions though, you can't wait to jump up and defend on this board. Maybe when one of them crashes into a car, someone from your family will be inside of it and you can tell them that the cop driving was "on his way to a call". Or you can explain your obviously idiotic stance that as long as a cop is driving a car, it can defy the laws of physics. I'm sure they will feel better.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I thought the state banned these too... I found 4 speed camera locations listed near me. What a bunch of shit.

www.photoenforced.com

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            I forget how the tickets are processed, but the worst that happens to you is it goes on your credit report as non-payment of debt (or something to that effect).
            It's a civil case if you want to fight it, or you could just not pay it if you don't care about your credit.

Comment

There is more in Texas than I thought.

State City / Suburb Cross Street Fine Camera Type Notes Map
              Texas Lynnwood 196th and hwy 99 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Houston GESSNER and RICHMOND AVE Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Dallas preston and 635 75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras fines being assesed from DOT cameras, not red light camera Map
              Texas Austin South Congress and Wm Cannon $200 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Terrible place for red light runners and accidents Map
              Texas Pason State route 260 east of Pason Speed Camera Flashed both ways and 51 mph posted 45mph Map
              Texas Balcones Heights W/B Fredericksburg and Crossroads 75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Mesquite Gus Thomasson and West Grubb 75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras In addition to 2 other cameras in close proximity on nearby cross streets Map
              Texas Irving 356 and Walton Walker Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Houston little york and antoine $75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Houston gulf bank and veterans memorial $75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Houston wallisville and uvalde $75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Houston crosstimbers and shepard $75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Houston mlk and reed $75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Dallas Lemmon and McKinney Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas el paso montana and wakins 75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Map
              Texas Bedford Brown Trail and Harwood Rd. 75 Speed Camera Map
              Texas Bedford Brown Trail and Harwood Rd. 75 Speed Camera Brown Trail and Harwood Rd. Map
              Texas corpus baldwin blvd and greenwood dr 75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras baldwin blvd and greenwood dr. Map
              Texas Port Lavaca US 35 and Travis Street 75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras East and West bound on US 35, Yellows too short for 40mph Map
              Texas Bedford Airport Frwy at Bedford Rd 75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Westbound Map
              Texas plano shs121 and custer 75 Speed Camera Map
              Texas Plano Park and Preston ? Speed Camera 35mph?
              Texas Frisco Hwy 121 and Dallas N/S Tollway ? Speed Camera eastbound, 55mph
              Texas Plano Plano pkwy. and Dallas N/S Tollway ? Speed Camera Southbound on Tollway access road, 55mph
              Texas houston, tx hillcroft, highway 59 ? Both Red Light and Speed Cameras

Comment

Damn WTF is this, the third Reich?

Comment

Time to burn some tires.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't hire a female attorney to help you with the situation

Comment

[QUOTE=SSMAN;188002]There is more in Texas than I thought.
                      Texas Bedford Brown Trail and Harwood Rd. 75 Speed Camera Map
                      Texas Bedford Brown Trail and Harwood Rd. 75 Speed Camera Brown Trail and Harwood Rd. Map
                      Texas Bedford Airport Frwy at Bedford Rd 75 Both Red Light and Speed Cameras Westbound Map
                      [QUOTE/]

I believe these are incorrect but not sure. There is also one listed for Arlington that is FT Worth on E. Lancaster Ave that I am pretty positive is only a red light camera but says it is a speed camera as well.

Comment

It makes me curious if they can get some of these groups of rockets cruising at 100+ in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                          It's a civil case if you want to fight it, or you could just not pay it if you don't care about your credit.
                          You can fight it on your credit report as well. The company that runs and collects on those cameras has no legally binding contract, thus can't prove that you owe a damn thing, which means they have to drop it.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Irving cops (specifically ones with the new squad cars and illegal tint, think that tint protects other people from seeing them. These assholes run red lights at full speed, no sirens, etc. There is an intersection near my house that it's really bad at. I'm going to sit out there with the video camera one day. Just because.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Irving cops (specifically ones with the new squad cars and illegal tint, think that tint protects other people from seeing them. These assholes run red lights at full speed, no sirens, etc. There is an intersection near my house that it's really bad at. I'm going to sit out there with the video camera one day. Just because.
                              Can't wait for the YouTube posts.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

Brent is gonna go Becky Oliver on their asses.

Comment

Working...
                                X