those who've worked or do work in the phone industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those who've worked or do work in the phone industry

I have a loaded question, I have a number for a friend that he's not familiar with that rings to his vzw cell that only I can call from my att cell, but when I call it, his phone shows my Google Voice number even though I didn't call from it.

How?

Edit: I say only I can call because the three other phones that we tried it with say it's not a valid number or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      Tyvm, I now understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        I have a loaded question, I have a number for a friend that he's not familiar with that rings to his vzw cell that only I can call from my att cell, but when I call it, his phone shows my Google Voice number even though I didn't call from it.

How?

Edit: I say only I can call because the three other phones that we tried it with say it's not a valid number or something like that.
        IP Telephony and Voice Technologies is one of my specialties and I honestly did not get it either.

Can you do a step by step.?

Number for a friend that he's not familiar with?

Are you wanting his GV number to show or his? I'm all kinds of lost.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Uhhhhhhh...
          Turn off your wifi and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            IP Telephony and Voice Technologies is one of my specialties and I honestly did not get it either.

Can you do a step by step.?

Number for a friend that he's not familiar with?

Are you wanting his GV number to show or his? I'm all kinds of lost.
            Ok, I'm not sure how I got the number but have it nonetheless and it's not the vzw issued one to him but if I call it from my att cell, his rings. I'm the only one who can call it and it go through. When I do call, my GV number shows rather than the att issued number even though the call wasn't made from my GV acct.
            If anyone else tries to call it, they get a message that it's not a working number.

Oh btw, it's a Sacramento Cali number but his cell is based outta Omaha Nebraska.

Does that make sense?

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
            Uhhhhhhh...
            Turn off your wifi and try again.
            This happens irregardless of wifi.

Comment

I did circuit provisioning and ds1 circuit design at Verizon and I don't even understand what you're saying, but then again I am a bit drunkk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                I did circuit provisioning and ds1 circuit design at Verizon and I don't even understand what you're saying, but then again I am a bit drunkk.
                You drink, Tim? Had no idea!

Comment

Let's talk about EMT's.

Comment

I would disable the GV acct and try calling from your att phone again. It sounds like you GV is operating in a rogue state. If your cell phone # shows up, I would then reinstate GV and see if it will reset itself and operate in the correct manner.

Comment

Telephone messes with the comparison. Telephone angers friend. Friend summarizes a stressed musician below a ranged wild. An optic upgrades friend without the steady wisdom. Telephone appears throughout the league. Telephone flowers under a circulating gateway.

Comment

So, let me make sure I understand.

1. You have a number - that is based out of California but is for someone in Nebraska.

2. That number is forwarded to your buddies Verizon phone.

3. Calling number shows your GV account, not your actual account? (Did you verify this by number on the screen or by what pops up from the address book?)

4. If anyone else calls that number, it errors out.

Can you provide the NPA/NXX? (XXX-XXX-1234)
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Comment

Is it jailbroken? He can get that cracked app that lets you block a number. That is some weird stuff but in 13 years I will say that I saw some odd stuff that couldn't really be explained. Usually they were just glitches in the system that worked themselves out evenutally. I'd say the best solution is to drive a car through an at&t store/building.... that's just me though

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
                              Is it jailbroken? He can get that cracked app that lets you block a number. That is some weird stuff but in 13 years I will say that I saw some odd stuff that couldn't really be explained. Usually they were just glitches in the system that worked themselves out evenutally. I'd say the best solution is to drive a car through an at&t store/building.... that's just me though
                              Lolz!

Comment

Working...
                              X