Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I supposed to leave my 401k alone or is there something ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    And it worked....good choice.

Some people now are investing in Roth IRAs on the presumption that tax rates may be higher when they retire. Given the current deficit, that's entirely possible. I would still invest in a 401K first though, at least enough to get the maximum employer match.
    Holy hell - I'm still probably 30 years away from retirement (fuck me, that sounds like a long time). I've toyed with the idea of putting less in my 401k (dropping it to the point where I take full advantage of the employer match) and then doing IRA's or something. I just haven't pulled that trigger yet. It's nice seeing my 401k finally crest 6 figures and keep climbing...

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
      I work for Alcon Labs in Fort Worth, they actually put in 5% of our salary into our 401k automatically, then match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 15%.

I'm not sure on job openings, but this is our job posting site: https://careers.alcon.com/joblist.html
      I just applied. May be callin on ya.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
        Chesapeake Energy
        Stephen shoot me a PM with your number got some ?????? for ya.

Jeff

Comment

I wish I had a 401k

I guess there are other perks of working for the family business though.

Comment

No! Buy mason jars!!

Comment

Working...
            X