April Fool's Prank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fool's Prank

Who else used www.crabrevenge.com for the ultimate prank this year?

Make sure you go with the "Red" package!

Not I.

I did use this one today though:

Step 1Prank 1: The Impossible Desktop

image not found
    i
    This one is amazing in it's simplicity to execute and the results it yields. If you have access to your targets computer, it can be pulled off in about 1 minute if you're quick. Here's how it goes down:

Step 1: From the regular desktop screen of the computer, press the "PrtScn" button on the keyboard. This takes a snapshot, or screenprint, of what is on the screen at that moment.

Step 2: Open Paint (Start > Accessories) and either select Edit > Paste, or press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot into Paint. Then choose File>Save As and call it anything, but change the file type to .jpg, and save it to the Desktop.

Step 3: Close out of Paint, and back on the desktop, Right Click and create a new folder, of any name. Set it to one edge. Any icon on the desktop that doesn' t have a white square with an arrow is an actual file or program, and can be moved into this folder. The rest are icons, which once you move into the folder need to be deleted off the desktop. You can remove everything from the screen EXCEPT the Recycle Bin.

Step 4: Right click on the Start/Taskbar, and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar" if it is checked. Now, if you put your mouse over the top edge of the Start/Taskbar it'll turn into a double ended arrow. Drag it down until there is no Start/Taskbar on the screen.

Step 5: To finish up, right click on the now empty desktop, and set the screenprint picture you took to be the wallpaper and walk away.

The Result: Your target will not suspect anything is wrong with their computer until they go to click on something. Anything really. The only responding icon on the desktop now is the Recycle Bin (if they try to move it, they may figure you out, but who ever messes with the Recycle Bin?). Once you've had your laugh, and maybe taken a video, undo your damage before your mark loses it.
    Worked great.

*edit* Just read the link, holy shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Not I.

Worked great.

LOL! I used to do the desktop prank all the time (not the other one...haven't gone to link yet.)
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I hear someone was rubbing poison ivy on the urinal handles, toilet seats, and toilet paper (as best we could) at various locations.

Stuffing bits of wet dog/cat food into creme filled donuts. The usual stuff.

Comment

Not I.

Worked great.

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
          LOL! I used to do the desktop prank all the time (not the other one...haven't gone to link yet.)
          Ditto, though now that our group all have dual monitors, I can't do it anymore. The screenshot places BOTH monitors as ONE screenshot per monitor.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            Ditto, though now that our group all have dual monitors, I can't do it anymore. The screenshot places BOTH monitors as ONE screenshot per monitor.
            Dual monitors rock.
            Last edited by Mike; 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I'm the only person at my office with dual monitors.
              Nice. I've had to revert to reversing the mouse. Up is down, left is right. That's always fun.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                Nice. I've had to revert to reversing the mouse. Up is down, left is right. That's always fun.
                The old office everyone had duals. Used to change the screen so the mouse wouldn't move between sreens.

Comment

Back in the Air Force I rigged a 9v battery to the toilet bowl; had safety wire going into the water where you couldn't see it. Did it all on night shift on the 31st, and when I got to work the next day I found out I had gotten the shop chief. Turns out Master Sergeants get pretty pissed when you shock their weiner.

Another year I went with the classic saran wrap on the toilet. The poor bastard that used it first sat down to take a duece. Of course you usually piss first, so he ended up pissing all over himself; had urine running down his legs and into his boots. And he lived off base, across town so he had to drive back home covered in piss to shower and change uniforms.

Then there was the time I froze a guys BDU shirt in a block of ice because he kept leaving it laying around the shop. He had to go see the First Sergeant a few days later, and it took all morning to find the shirt when he finally realized it was missing. It was wrinkled as hell and still wet when he showed up for his appointment.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                  X