Question for people who know a little about Cement work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    Ok, so you're assuming that I never have done this for a living, and talling me that forms coated with wd-40 will what, stick more?

Maybe I don't understand. I never said your wet wood theory wouldn't work, but I am the moron because I have used a different process than you have? Do you think I am intentionally steering Barry in the wrong direction?
    We always gave our forms a coat of 10w30 at the start of each year. Never had a problem pulling them - occasionally a small chunk will stick, but that's nothing that can't be fixed with a margin trowel.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      your a moron!

listen to me i do this shit for a living

oh well you live an you learn! the water helps remove the forms off easier after the concrete sets plus you get a cleaner edge

I guess the good thing is , most of the sides will be covered by dirt. I made it somewhat level with my drive way. So the pitting should not be visible for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by 347mike View Post
        why take your advise on would you moran when you dount no the differense between your and you're...
        lmfao
        Last edited by Lason; 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
          lmfao
          lmfao @ you missing the first two errors!

*Edit*

lmfao @ you editing and missing the second error!
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            lmfao @ you missing the first two errors!
            Easy padiwan, Im laughing too damn hard and missing shit. Still editing

**Edit**
            I give up, the whole thing is screwy , thanks I needed that laugh

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
              We always gave our forms a coat of 10w30 at the start of each year.
              bingo

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                bingo
                Scootro does not approve this message.
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                  Why take your advise on would you moran when you dount no the differense between your and you're...
                  Hell if he is a cement guy your lucky he even speaks english

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    btw take the form off after 3 to 5 hours after you poured it depending on the hardness! don't wait till tomorrow to take it off or it'll be a bitch
                    Just took them off. They came right off . Thanks for the input. I counter sunk the form in the ground and did not give much thought as to how long the nails were. So getting the first one out was a little bit of a pain. The rest were all good.

Comment

haha damn i didn't mean to stir the pot! lol.. yes i'm a white guy an i was taught by my family how to lay bricks, blocks, finish concrete, and etc.

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                      Just took them off. They came right off . Thanks for the input. I counter sunk the form in the ground and did not give much thought as to how long the nails were. So getting the first one out was a little bit of a pain. The rest were all good.
                      no prob glad to help!

Comment

Working...
                      X