Canoe the Brazos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canoe the Brazos

Has anyone taken a couple day canoe trip down the Brazos? I'm looking to set up a trip for our group of friends and this seemed pretty cool.

Anyone have any experiance on where to go, where to rent canoes from, etc?
    "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
    East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
    https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

You know why the Brazos runs through Waco?

Because if it walked it would get mugged by some "stupid motherfucker".
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

There are a few places out by Possum kindom and one off I20 where the highway runs over the river.
      I don't know the name of any of them though.

Comment

We always use Rochelle's. I have floated three two day floats/turkey hunts. They drop you off at the dam and you end up at their shop.

I don't have anything spectacular to say about them, but respectively I don't have anything bad to say either.

The only advice I have is put all your stuff in big, black trash sacks, tie them up and then use twine to tie them to the canoe in case you tip. I have seen a lot of canoes in the game warden's boat and paddled through people's spilled stuff. It could be a minor event, but if you don't prepare it could ruin the weekend.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Rochelle's is great. 19 of us did their 10 mile Canoe trip, it was a blast, first 5 miles were awsome, lots to see and stop to jump off of 30 ft. rocks, rope swings and stuff. Last five sucked, was tired and no current, nothing but paddling. Still one of the best weekends Ive ever had.
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
            Has anyone taken a couple day canoe trip down the Brazos? I'm looking to set up a trip for our group of friends and this seemed pretty cool.

Anyone have any experiance on where to go, where to rent canoes from, etc?
            Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            You know why the Brazos runs through Waco?

Because if it walked it would get mugged by some "stupid motherfucker".
            Did a 31 mile trip in Oct. Pulled out at i35 in waco. Fun as fuck
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
              We always use Rochelle's.

Comment

I've been a few times recently down near Glen Rose. Just before you get to Dino Valley State Park (maybe 5 miles prior), there's a couple of places off to the right. One is called Rhodes Canoe Rental and the other is Low Water Bridge Canoe Rental. G/F and I are actually planning to go there next weekend. They have several different lengths of trip you can do from just a couple of hours to overnight.
                Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  pics
                  that shit looks fun.
                  Last edited by CJ; 04-01-2011, 10:49 PM.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Did it once when I was in the BoyScouts 30 years ago. THat shit was tough. Had to carry the canoe a few times.
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Working...
                    X