Need Advise at selling items on CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advise at selling items on CL

I'm new to selling items on CL and I have never sold anything online before. I have sold a 2lb nitrous Sneak Pete bottle on here but it was like $50, and the guy paid cash. I have a Travel Trailer that I'm selling and how do I go about making sure I don't get screwed on the transaction.

I have heard for payment that a US Post office Money Order or Cash is the best.

What do I tell the buyer about payment?

Cash only. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
      Cash only. Always.
      this. I have bought and sold lots of things on CL and use cash every time.
      2007 Silverado CC
      1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

Cash only and don't respond to any emails that are incomplete or have sketchy engrish. If you meet them somewhere always roll with a buddy and a 2 gun minimum.

Comment

So I tell them to bring 8K as cash ? Myself I wouldn't do it, but I guess if they want to buy it they'll do it.

Comment

Absolutely, I bought my mach 1 and showed up at the guys house with 20k cash and .45 in the small of my back.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
              So I tell them to bring 8K as cash ? Myself I wouldn't do it, but I guess if they want to buy it they'll do it.
              The only time I sold a car to a private party I had them wire me the money. As soon as my bank confirmed the money was in my account I handed over the title and keys.

Comment

8k cash or meet at his bank and let his bank draft you a check and you deposit it.

sign over the title, fill out the 130-u form, bill of sale and a vtr-346 if you want.
                you could pull the plate as well.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                  Cash only and don't respond to any emails that are incomplete or have sketchy engrish. If you meet them somewhere always roll with a buddy and a 2 gun minimum.
                  This.

Comment

Working...
                  X