No announcement yet.

traffic citation - can i get out of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traffic citation - can i get out of it?

received a ticket in euless the other night by a rookie. i was supposedly going 48 in a 40...on a deserted 4 lane boulevard. anyways, at the top of the ticket it shows the time the ticket was printed (1033 PM). at the bottom of the ticket where it lists the violation, it states the violation occured at 716 PM. the cop obviously didn't enter the time of violation correctly. think i can plead not guilty and get it dismissed?

Your mom goes to college.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty shackleford View Post
      received a ticket in euless the other night by a rookie. i was supposedly going 48 in a 40...on a deserted 4 lane boulevard. anyways, at the top of the ticket it shows the time the ticket was printed (1033 PM). at the bottom of the ticket where it lists the violation, it states the violation occured at 716 PM. the cop obviously didn't enter the time of violation correctly. think i can plead not guilty and get it dismissed?
      Nope. You fucked up, pay the ticket and move on.

Comment

Citation says on or about the time and date. Judge wont let that fly. However 8mph is pretty weak.....12 minimum and 15 on highways

Comment

Hmm.. I am going to go out on the limb here and sayyyyy, you don't like cops and that they are pigs. Soooo, for that reason you shouldn't pay, even though you were caught speeding?
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            Hmm.. I am going to go out on the limb here and sayyyyy, you don't like cops and that they are pigs. Soooo, for that reason you shouldn't pay, even though you were caught speeding?
            wrong. the intent of traffic laws are to protect the public. the intent of the law had nothing to do with me receiving a citation. obviously i dont want to pay the fine.

Comment

whatever you do, do NOT hire a female attorney to take care of it!!!

Comment

wrong. the intent of traffic laws are to protect the public. the intent of the law had nothing to do with me receiving a citation. obviously i dont want to pay the fine.
                Umm.. Are you not a part of public? Even so, there are speed limits to (using your words) to protect the public, which you obviously were breaking.
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Who are you, Republic of Texas? You're responsible to follow ALL laws, regardless of how you feel about them. You were speeding, suck it up.
                  Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    whatever you do, do NOT hire a female attorney to take care of it!!!
                    And watch out for surcharges
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I'd take my chance in court. I have seen tickets dismissed that were filled out wrong. Small chance but other than that you might as well pay it.

Comment

They're writing tickets for 8 over? Geez :/

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                          They're writing tickets for 8 over? Geez :/
                          To my knowledge 6 over was risky, that's why I try not to speed. When I do, I live life on the edge at 5 mph over! Oh yeah, I'm a bad ass.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

You must be in the citation before you can get out of the citation.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              To my knowledge 6 over was risky, that's why I try not to speed. When I do, I live life on the edge at 5 mph over! Oh yeah, I'm a bad ass.
                              Same here. I am also no longer using the "buffer zone", to slow down or speed up just before the sign for an incremental speed limit change, because I got nailed for speeding up from 30mph to 45mph as I passed the 45mph sign.

Comment

Working...
                              X