Does anyone here work for Clearwire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here work for Clearwire?

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview today that was pretty much too good to be true. I have a face to face with the hiring manager tomorrow and was told I will know by the end of the day tomorrow if I have a job there. There are some pretty horrid things said about the company online and I was wondering if anyone here worked for them and confirm or deny. I have called around to a few guys that I knew that left competitors of my previous employer and am waiting to hear back.

I would greatly appreciate any input. I thought I remember someone on here stating that they worked for or sold clearwire service. Thanks!

I don't know man. I mean if you don't have anything going on right now I'd definitely snag up the job, but I wouldn't leave a job to go work with them.

We bring you the future as it happens. From the latest in science and technology to the big stories in business and culture, we've got you covered.

Comment

I went ahead and canceled my interview. If you go on glassdoor.com you can look up reviews from employees and they were all terrible. There is an entire website called "cleawiresucks.com" with a ton of employees bashing the company. And, I was able to get ahold of a guy I knew from a former competitor and he used to work for clearwire doing the exact thing I was interviewing for... if someone uses the phrases "sweat shop" and "anal rape" in the description of the job and company it's probably not a good sign, right?

Oh well, on to the next thing...

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
        I went ahead and canceled my interview. If you go on glassdoor.com you can look up reviews from employees and they were all terrible. There is an entire website called "cleawiresucks.com" with a ton of employees bashing the company. And, I was able to get ahold of a guy I knew from a former competitor and he used to work for clearwire doing the exact thing I was interviewing for... if someone uses the phrases "sweat shop" and "anal rape" in the description of the job and company it's probably not a good sign, right?

Oh well, on to the next thing...
        Truth!

I was on glassdoor just a while ago, it's a pretty neat site!

What's your specialty?

Comment

I was laid off from at&t on February 28th. I was a National Account Executive and supported our national retail accounts with training, merchandising, inventory management, customer escilations. I have been in the Wireless industry for 13 years but also have a BBA in Marketing and an MBA in Management. Not in a huge rush to find something but I would like to land a solid gig pretty quick...

Comment

You've definitely got the credentials! Does VZB have anything? They are one of the vendors to the account I support and they do a great job.

Comment

yea... i worked for them. whatever you read is true. It sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
                I was laid off from at&t on February 28th. I was a National Account Executive and supported our national retail accounts with training, merchandising, inventory management, customer escilations. I have been in the Wireless industry for 13 years but also have a BBA in Marketing and an MBA in Management. Not in a huge rush to find something but I would like to land a solid gig pretty quick...
                Guess what? We got an email about week ago tell all your friends and family we are hiring. If you wanna come work for at this time again they are hiring, you may be able to be rehired on the mobilty side. They surplused tons of CST's over the past yr or so and they are now hiring for CTS's. Go figure

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
                  Guess what? We got an email about week ago tell all your friends and family we are hiring. If you wanna come work for at this time again they are hiring, you may be able to be rehired on the mobilty side. They surplused tons of CST's over the past yr or so and they are now hiring for CTS's. Go figure
                  I don't think that is the case for my management level on the mobility side. I have had my eye out for any positions similar to mine that may pop up but nothing. They definately know where to find me. I am still waiting for my severance check and I am sure they would rather put me into my old spot rather than hire someone in and still pay me my big fat severance. I'd go back at this point. I basically had a three and a half month vacation (two and a half of it was paid). As long as they still gave me all 28 paid days off that I would have earned for this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X