No more Mustang? Maybe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    I wouldn't have even asked the question... i'd be all over that split bumper
    I'm a huge split bumper fan, my favorite muscle car.

Comment

Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
      so hows the Camaro?
      I've had some time to crawl over it some more now. Its a really nice car...very straight and original body, quality paint, really good suspension, and a pretty well optioned car too....tilt, power windows, power locks, power trunk release, etc. It drives, handles, and rides a lot better than the Mustang....a lot more comfortable too. I was always a little squished in that Mustang...actually couldn't even drive it with a helmet on. However I've got some room to stretch out in this thing and the Corbeaus are definatley more comfotable than the Flo-Fits that I had in the Mustang.

The Mustang was WAY more healthy in the power dept. though. The Camaro isn't a slouch by any means...but certainly not making the same level of power as that 392 in the Mustang. On that note, I got a little anxious yesterday after driving it around some....thought just how cool it will be with a 6.0/T56 in it. So here's where we're at now, not planning to waste any time making that happen....

Couple inside shots too....

In case anyone is interested.....I'll have the hood up for sale soon, as well as the engine/trans. Engine is a 397010 4-bolt block with L98 GM aluminum heads on it, Performer RPM intake, Comp XE268 cam with all comp pushrods, valve springs, roller tip steel rockers, etc. Has a new HEI dist and also appears to have all ARP hardware too. I'll know more about it once I get it out and pull the pan off. Has a TH350 behind it that shifts real good...I'd say a medium shift kit in it...shifts smooth under normal driving and harder under heavy throttle.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

You going to carb the 6.0? I love the split bumper camaros, even more than the 67-9. They sure command a lot of jack. I really liked the mustang, but after the stripe I'd take the camaro everyday.

Time to update the sig.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Damn! That thing is just fucking badass!! I think I know where that location is in Seattle too.

Mine will at least have the driveline sorted out this summer...holding myself to an aggresive and strict plan to have it back on the road with the 6.0/T56 sometime in June.
            70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Wow, that is agressive (June).

Post up progress pix too. I would like to see it move along.

David

Comment

Nice!!

keep us updated with pictures!

Comment

2-2.5 months...it's aggressive but not too bad. I'm already ordering parts and planning some vacation days to dedicate to it. I'll start a build thread on it pretty soon.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Working...
                  X