The extreme coupon thing again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Yep, I don't think we've bought razors for almost two years now.
    I used to use the Mach 3 blades all the time, but damn they are as expensive as a case of beer! So I switched to the inferior Mach 1.5's (generic) fuck that! I ended up buying a Norelco. Took some getting used to but pays for itself rather quickly these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      I'm on my last razor from the dozens Leah got for free years ago. It's crazy. She was coming home with free razors, and good ones too, all the damn time.
      same here...she gets razors, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soaps, etc for either free or almost free. sometimes she'll buy things that we don't need, just because they cost almost nothing and she gets some sort of coupon that makes something else free. for instance, we have several diabetes digital testers, but none of us have diabetes. we gave a couple to her dad (who does have it)...we'll donate the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
        same here...she gets razors, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soaps, etc for either free or almost free. sometimes she'll buy things that we don't need, just because they cost almost nothing and she gets some sort of coupon that makes something else free. for instance, we have several diabetes digital testers, but none of us have diabetes. we gave a couple to her dad (who does have it)...we'll donate the rest.
        Wow...sounds just like mine. I think we have 30 thinks of axe body wash that cost less than a few dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Wow...sounds just like mine. I think we have 30 thinks of axe body wash that cost less than a few dollars.
          I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            same here...i'm a soap guy (not so much on the body wash), but i have quite a bit of it.

Comment

same here...i'm a soap guy (not so much on the body wash), but i have quite a bit of it.
              Roger that.

That would have been 'things' instead of think. Man sized thumbs/iPod touch = potential disaster.

Comment

My husband & I just saw a commercial for that. I don't have the time or patience for that. I hope the women that do this go during the middle of the day while the stores are not busy. I hate getting stuck behind coupon queens in line when I'm just trying to get a few things.

<~~~Laura07

Comment

my wife does it to, and she really enjoys it. it's like a game or a challenge! lol it's not as simple as taking coupons to the store...the best thing to do is collect the coupons in a binder, then (as you said) match the coupons with sales. she's so organized, that she usually gets through the line just as fast as anyone else...they usually spend another 1-2 minutes scanning the coupons, but that's about it.
                  Nice! Where does she get her coupons from? (Other than the Sunday paper which seems to be hit and miss at times.)

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  Leah is about to start doing this again. It has taken a year or so to use up alot of our reserves. She would walk out of a store with $200 in stuff for $50 or less all the time. It's pretty amazing stuff. She doesn't do like those people on TV though, where they have the stores special order large quantities and such.
                  Hmmm. Good to know.

What was the link to that site?

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                    i fucking HATE coupon queens
                    Pot meet Kettle

Comment

i don't see how people find the time for coupon scavenger hunts

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        It worth finding the time to save you a few hundred dollars a month.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          If it takes you 5-6 hours a week to save $150-200... you make it worth your time. Most people here dont make $40+/hr

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            jewpons.

god bless.
                            that's not nice....
                            2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              If it takes you 5-6 hours a week to save $150-200... you make it worth your time. Most people here dont make $40+/hr
                              Pfft.... This is dfwmustangs.net, where everyone balls outta control...

Comment

Just because someone makes good money, it's still not a good exuse to save money where you can stretching your money even further.

Comment

Working...
                                X