Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The extreme coupon thing again...

Thread must have been in Canada..

Anyway, my wife is starting to get into it but it seems like the only way it really works well is at the stores that double or triple coupons. Only problem is, all the ones she's tried put a limit on what they double or triple, like no more than 30 cents on triple, and no more than $1 for double. So how are these extreme people getting around that? Are there stores that double or triple any amount off?

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    Thread must have been in Canada..

Anyway, my wife is starting to get into it but it seems like the only way it really works well is at the stores that double or triple coupons. Only problem is, all the ones she's tried put a limit on what they double or triple, like no more than 30 cents on triple, and no more than $1 for double. So how are these extreme people getting around that? Are there stores that double or triple any amount off?
    thats normal... You shouldnt need to get much more off than triple $.39 or double $.59... This is the standard. You buy the crap when its on sale and use your double/triple coupon

You dont just walk in and buy something because you have a coupon if you want to be like the people on TV. They buy all sorts of shit they dont need at the time and they stock up on it.

Comment

i fucking HATE coupon queens

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
        I hate standing in line behind them.

Comment

jewpons.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
            I fucking HATE you.

Comment

My wife started doing this. She plans out weekly sales, matches coupons based on sales and goes to the store with a firm list. She doesn't load up on a bunch of garbage we don't need but generally purchases around $200 for $50-80.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                My wife started doing this. She plans out weekly sales, matches coupons based on sales and goes to the store with a firm list. She doesn't load up on a bunch of garbage we don't need but generally purchases around $200 for $50-80.
                my wife does it to, and she really enjoys it. it's like a game or a challenge! lol it's not as simple as taking coupons to the store...the best thing to do is collect the coupons in a binder, then (as you said) match the coupons with sales. she's so organized, that she usually gets through the line just as fast as anyone else...they usually spend another 1-2 minutes scanning the coupons, but that's about it.

Comment

Yep. She tends to go later as well, trying to avoid people bitching and crowds.

Comment

Mine hits CVS and gets good deals on hygiene products.

Comment

Leah is about to start doing this again. It has taken a year or so to use up alot of our reserves. She would walk out of a store with $200 in stuff for $50 or less all the time. It's pretty amazing stuff. She doesn't do like those people on TV though, where they have the stores special order large quantities and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Mine hits CVS and gets good deals on hygiene products.
                        I'm on my last razor from the dozens Leah got for free years ago. It's crazy. She was coming home with free razors, and good ones too, all the damn time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          I'm on my last razor from the dozens Leah got for free years ago. It's crazy. She was coming home with free razors, and good ones too, all the damn time.
                          How? I would like to get in on that, razors are higher than giraffe pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Yep, I don't think we've bought razors for almost two years now.
                            Last edited by Mike; 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                              How? I would like to get in on that, razors are higher than giraffe pussy.
                              It's all about catching them on sale and using coupons from the Sunday paper. There is a website that helps you organize all of your shit and will tell you what stores you can get the best deals at. PM Leah, she can tell you better than I.

Comment

Working...
                              X