Temp housing in Fort Worth area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp housing in Fort Worth area?

We are about 90 days from moving back up to the Fort Worth area. Anyone know of a decent extended stay place in either west Fort Worth, Crowley or the mid cities areas? When we came up to work in Dallas, back in November, some of you suggested an extended stay in Los Colinas and it was great! So I figured that I would ask again so I can start trying to find a place to stay until we can locate a house!

I'm not sure of any "good" places, but the list of places to stay the fcku away from is LONG!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      I'm not sure of any "good" places, but the list of places to stay the fcku away from is LONG!
      That is what I would like to know. Where NOT to stay! After staying at the Extended Stay in Los Colinas, it would be nice to find something like that in Fort Worth or the mid cities area. It would save me from having to set up all the utlities for an apartment that I may only be at for a month or two.

Comment

Halfway house, huh?
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
          That is what I would like to know. Where NOT to stay! After staying at the Extended Stay in Los Colinas, it would be nice to find something like that in Fort Worth or the mid cities area. It would save me from having to set up all the utlities for an apartment that I may only be at for a month or two.
          I'd just go back to the same place you stayed at in Los Colinas!

Comment

Seems like I used to drive by some extended stay place on 183 in the mid-cities when I live there. It was on the north side of the road between 360 and 820, maybe around where 121 comes in.

Edit: Probably this one

I know nothing about it, but might be worth checking out.

Comment

There are a couple of extended stay joints on 820, one between Holiday LN and 26 and another down by Beach St, close to 35. One problem though, is the traffic on 820, plus they are about to start the rebuild of 820 and if you're going to be there for more than a couple of months... not good.

I had an engineer friend come from Paris and stay at the one by Holiday Ln and he said it was just fine. Nothing spectacular but was decent price and clean.

BTW - if you need a place to store and old Mopar, I might be able to help you out with that.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                BTW - if you need a place to store and old Mopar, I might be able to help you out with that.

David
                Got room for 21 of them... Actually 19 because 2 are stuck in bodyshop hell right now. But that is another story for another day.

Thanks for the info on the housing. We thought about staying at the Los Colinas extended stay. However I will be working on the west side of Fort Worth (off 820 and Camp Bowie) and my wife will be in downtown Fort Worth . So Los Colinas is not really the best choice for this time. If all else fails we will lease an apartment for 3-6 months while we house hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                  Got room for 21 of them... Actually 19 because 2 are stuck in bodyshop hell right now. But that is another story for another day.

Thanks for the info on the housing. We thought about staying at the Los Colinas extended stay. However I will be working on the west side of Fort Worth (off 820 and Camp Bowie) and my wife will be in downtown Fort Worth . So Los Colinas is not really the best choice for this time. If all else fails we will lease an apartment for 3-6 months while we house hunt.
                  The Firestone Apts on 7th St in Downtown FW are really nice and would be close for both of you. I know they have short leases with a minimum of 3 month's and a 1 bed room starts around $900.

<--- off to figure out how to shoe-horn 19 Mopars into the back yard without the neighbors noticing...

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                    The Firestone Apts on 7th St in Downtown FW are really nice and would be close for both of you. I know they have short leases with a minimum of 3 month's and a 1 bed room starts around $900.

<--- off to figure out how to shoe-horn 19 Mopars into the back yard without the neighbors noticing...

David
                    We will probably look into that option if we can't find something temp when we come up in May for our last scouting trip.

On the Mopars...don't worry none of them are worth anything. No big money cars, just beaters in various stages of disrepair and rebuild. Most of them will stay in the Texas Panhandle at my parents place. If we buy a house in Crowley (or anywhere) that has land then I will likely buy a few more to have at home to tinker with in my spare time. I have considered selling all but 3-4 and pooling the money together to buy 1 higher end Mopar. Just can't force myself to sell anything though.

Comment

Well, when you find a place, make sure you do NOT have to take 30W to get into Ft Worth, because it is fuxored just west of Beach Street.

Also, depending on what cars you'll be parking in their lot, I'd be carefull of being too close to a major highway, thieves can see you when they drive by and come back later for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X