Cam Guru...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
    i personally never had a problem with shaun, when i called him asking for a cam he asked me what all i wanted and help me by telling my what all supporting components i would need to help the cam work the best, if i had any problems i would call him and he would help me out, he even helped me get a good deal on some new afr heads
    Didn't have an issue with a SBC cam?

Comment

Originally posted by blownragtop View Post
      Mister ‘magic cam’ stole his customers’ money, got banned from SBFTech and subsequently went out of business.
      I hadn't heard that. His website is still up though?
      Originally posted by blownragtop View Post
      While he can’t grind you a cam anymore – he can DJ your events. Cammaster Jay is now Jammaster Jay.

Jay has always been Jammaster Jay. He's been doing that longer than cam designing.

Comment

Originally posted by SBFTech View Post
        It has been, and continues to be so, alleged by quite a few members that they were “taken for a ride” by Mr. Allen. They placed orders and paid money without receiving parts, or had received parts different than what was paid for. We here at SBFTECH gave Mr. Allen the benefit of the doubt due to his longstanding association with this website and the fact that he was ill. But the months have passed. Mr. Allen has not logged into this site to answer the allegations for more than eight months. His presence has been seen time and time again on other websites. Therefore, because of all these overwhelming factors, we feel that the time for action has come. We are therefore cutting all ties with Mr. Allen and Camshaft Innovations. We are also treating him like any other member with like allegations levied against him. Jay Allen will hereby be banned from SBFTECH until such time as all transactions made through the contact at this website are finalized to the mutual satisfaction of all parties akin to it.

His website has only recently come back up - not that it really matters after he shit all over his reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
          i would def buy another cam from him and would also keep recommending him to everyone that needs a cam

QUIT POSTING SO GOD DAMN MUCH!!!!

Everytime I see your Sig I stick around for 8-10 reps!
          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
            QUIT POSTING SO GOD DAMN MUCH!!!!

Everytime I see your Sig I stick around for 8-10 reps!
            No shit. That sig gets me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
              No shit. That sig gets me every time.
              We need another angle of it too.
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

He was claiming a lot. a lot that he couldn't back up. Except for a few folks buying into his cams knowing no different in the first place.

I wanted real names of real people here in the south with his motors and cams. I couldn't get any of that information. I know a lot of USMTS, IMCA TTT5 X275 guys in the south. None of them are running any of his shit or even know who he is.

I had first hand experience with an under studed, under sprung, over camed set up of his recommendation. I started asking simple questions he didn't have answers for.

Comment

Damn, DFWMustangs CSI at its best.

Good job.
                  --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I never have ordered anything from him. He sounded like a knowledgeable guy on the phone. He lost me when he tried to sell me on the idea of using a camshaft with 110 LSA on my Speed Density truck. The duration was in the 220-228 range and the lift was in the 525 range. It was the 110 LSA that threw the red flag for me. I could see maybe tuning a 112 LSA cam to work with SD but I just didn't see a 110 LSA being a daily driver friendly SD camshaft.

Comment

Working...
                    X