Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firing a pregnant chick pt.2

in refrence to my last post about my lady being canned

isnt it against the law to fire someone who is pregnant? i know it would be hard to prove that they fired you because of that but still

well today we recieved a letter from the unemployment office about her unemployment claim.. this is what it said

issue: seperation from work
    decision: we can pay you benefits. if you meet all other requirements
    reason for decision: our investigation found your employer discharged you from your last work for a reason that is not misconduct connected with the work

does that really mean they fired her for being pregnant? cause to me thats what it sounds like

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Kind of sounds like it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
      in refrence to my last post about my lady being canned

isnt it against the law to fire someone who is pregnant? i know it would be hard to prove that they fired you because of that but still

well today we recieved a letter from the unemployment office about her unemployment claim.. this is what it said

issue: seperation from work
      reason for decision: our investigation found your employer discharged you from your last work for a reason that is not misconduct connected with the work

does that really mean they fired her for being pregnant? cause to me thats what it sounds like

It means they fired her for a reason that was not misconduct connected with the work. That could mean a multitude of things.

Comment

No, it just means she wasn't fired because of misconduct. They could always come back and say it was a reduction in force or something like that.

This would help your case if you were to sue them, they would have to say they lied to the state if they accuse your woman of doing something wrong.

Have you talked to an attorney yet?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

we also recieved another letter saying

issue: ability-physical condition
          reason for decision: our investigation found you are able to work

Comment

This is a scene of Gene Simmons as the power-hungry attorney Joe Adler who is using a "ball-slamming" attempt at some harsh persuasion! Enjoy! I do not own o...

Comment

can your wife work?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                can your wife work?
                yeah she can, are yall hiring?

Comment

yeah she can, are yall hiring?
                  I am, but not prego chicks...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Any side work/part time (no homo)?
                    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

is that her in your sig?

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Bazinga!
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

No, it just means she wasn't fired for policy violation or fraud, so she is eligible for benefits.

When she filed for unemployment, they sent a letter asking if they would like to challenge her claim for benefits. It just means that they're not disputing her eligibility, and they answered that she did not get fired for misconduct or for inability to physically work.

Given the circumstances, I wouldn't expect them to dispute unemployment benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                            No, it just means she wasn't fired for policy violation or fraud, so she is eligible for benefits.

When she filed for unemployment, they sent a letter asking if they would like to challenge her claim for benefits. It just means that they're not disputing her eligibility, and they answered that she did not get fired for misconduct or for inability to physically work.

Given the circumstances, I wouldn't expect them to dispute unemployment benefits.

Everyone disputes unemployment benefits, regardless of the validity.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Everyone disputes unemployment benefits, regardless of the validity.
                              Not always. I know a few instances off the top of my head where no disputes were made. They typically wanted to get rid of someone because the company was moving in a different direction, and point blank said that they wouldn't dispute unemployment.

When I was in retail management, we were told to document everything and pretty much bury someone so far under paperwork that they quit on their own so they couldn't claim unemployment. The only time someone actually got fired was with a police report documenting gross misconduct.

Comment

Working...
                              X