Texas Title Transfer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Title Transfer ?

So I just bought a 4Runner for my Dad at lunch today, I have the title in hand and also a bill of sale. There is no lien on it.

The seller signed the back of the title in the assignment section, where you enter the mileage.

My question is, I noticed that the front of the title isn't signed, under the owner information. Is this a problem? Does the front need to be signed as well?

Front and back and you also need a signed affidavit of title.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

That's what I thought, thanks. I have a signed application for Texas ceritficate of title, so good there.

Comment

You need the 130-U filled out and the titled filled out/signed front and back:

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          You need the 130-U filled out and the titled filled out/signed front and back:

http://www.txdmv.gov/whatyouneed/for...gistration.htm
          +1
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Thanks guys, looks like all I'm missing is one signature, that's an easy fix

Comment

Run your VIN and mileage through this. The state taxes you at 6.25% on 85% of this value. They don't give a rat's ass as to what you actually payed for it unless you get it appraised.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
                Run your VIN and mileage through this. The state taxes you at 6.25% on 85% of this value. They don't give a rat's ass as to what you actually payed for it unless you get it appraised.

http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/titles...tive_value.htm
                wrong... they give a rat's ass if you paid more than the presumptive value.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post

You got me. I just leave it blank now unless the vehicle meets the 25yo rule.

Comment

You got me. I just leave it blank now unless the vehicle meets the 25yo rule.
                    yea and they made the gift box harder too. Gotta prove it was family related or some bs now with another form.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/titles...tive_value.htm
                      What if that value is zero? No tax?

Comment

yea and they made the gift box harder too. Gotta prove it was family related or some bs now with another form.
                        Yep

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                        What if that value is zero? No tax?
                        And yep.

I'll admit that pulled the "I traded for cash" answer but it has never worked.

Comment

This bit me in the ass too. The previous owner of my 1995 Cobra listed the actual purchase price on the back of the title. The cunt at the registration office actually laughed as she assessed a tax to me based on that $13,500 instead of the $4,500 value. I asked her how many cars does she see come through that are 12 years old with less then 30K miles. "but why would you pay that much?" Because I could/can/did get exactly what I wanted in life. CUNT propably drove a used Prius.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                          X