New House to Me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
    Theyre working on that, you have to know the area to miss the traffic. There's a few ways around it.
    I know the area. I have been here for 12 years. I just hate knowing how congested it has gotten. I still remember 548 being nothing but land all around and a perfect place to open up the car.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
      That's not really all that much though... Especially if it was a rental before he bought it.
      Plus, it's mostly stuff that homeowners would like to pick anyway. Also, probably nice negotiating points to get/keep the price down.

All that can be done CHEAP if you shop for sales and such. Sometimes it's almost cheaper to have tile and/or carpet installed by someone then trying to do it yourself.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

It just grew to fast.
        Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

$64k and its a HOA and taxes are that high? Im happy for ya but fuck that!!

Either way, its a smoking deal. Just bust your ass to get it paid off as quick as you can! Congrats on the house and Im sorry about the HOA.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            I have seen a few houses in there too. The taxes are a serious issue for the area. Especially since you can't get from one side of the town to the other without driving on even one decently paved road.

Fixed.

Comment

Should have got a condo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                Fixed.
                The new neighborhoods have nice roads.

Forney has put ALL of the tax dollars into schools. They have been for the last 10 years.

Comment

Congratulations on the house. Take the appraisal that was done on the house to the tax office or appraisal district out there and tell them you just bought the house for that much and give them a copy. They may not drop the value to $64,000, but it should help lower the taxes.
                  Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                  How'd you get in for nothing up front?
                  Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
                  USDA loan which was 103 percent fin..
                  They're only available in outlying areas, but it's a good prodcut if you have time to wait for the underwriting (depending on the USDA office that underwrites it). You can check property eligibility here (click single family in the top left, accept conditions and then start searching).

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                    Congratulations on the house. Take the appraisal that was done on the house to the tax office or appraisal district out there and tell them you just bought the house for that much and give them a copy. They may not drop the value to $64,000, but it should help lower the taxes.
                    Exactly. Those taxes are fucking crazy.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                      I third this recommendation. You need to get your taxable value down to your purchase price or a lot closer. $3200/yr on a $64k house is nuts.
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

Congratulations on your new home.
                        WRX

Comment

Do you have to pay Crandall tax or Forney?
                          sigpic

Comment

well i pay forney taxes but kid will go to crandall schools. but yea taxes are a bit high espically since i dont even have a yard lol but im happy with it

Comment

Man thats a good deal! No wonder I am having a hard time selling mine. My house is a tad smaller but on 10 acres and at $59k I still have only had one person come out to see it. Current market sucks for sellers. Excellent for buyers though!
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

yea, if anyone would like to help paint, lol i can buy some beer, and feed everyone.... im going to have a month to do all the upgrades before i move in....

Comment

Working...
                                X