Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How'd you get in for nothing up front?

Comment

USDA loan which was 103 percent fin.. I just had to pay half of closing and i rolled it into my loan... I have an outstanding mortage officer i have delt with a few

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
        USDA loan which was 103 percent fin.. I just had to pay half of closing and i rolled it into my loan... I have an outstanding mortage officer i have delt with a few
        Kewl, I was just curious. It looks like a nice home and a nice price! Hope it treats you well

Comment

Wow 64k for only a 3 year old house nicE. Maybe I should get myself a house a few years older then a new house over or at 100k. But I would like to get a new house so I don't have to put work or money into it..nice find btw...

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
            Well i just started closing on my new house. Its not much but its only 3 years old. i think i got a pretty good deal on it. I got it for 64k. zero down and move in. I will have to paint the entire house. Its located in heartland, which is between crandall, and forney. I will be painting the whole house. And new carpet and some tile in the kitchen. I will be adding a patio cover in the backyard soon... The taxes are pretty high for the size of the house. But I think i got a good deal. its 1300 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath. And the dam taxes are 3200 a year. plus hoa fees of 31 a month...
            Its only 3 years old and it needs all that replaced already?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              I've seen houses that were under a year old that needed to be bulldozed. It would of been cheaper to do that than fix.

House shopping sucks right now. Bunch of junk out there.

Comment

Well they guy that owned it before was blind, i was told so that's why paint and carpet

Comment

That's not really all that much though... Especially if it was a rental before he bought it.

Comment

That's a good deal on a 3 yeard old home. Property taxes sound like they are gonna be a bitch though. Nice find!

Comment

Heartland is known for a high turnover ratio, so the fact that it needs work and sold for a mere $64k is no surprise..

Comment

Taxes are high out there, but that is also not really a surprise, someone has to pay Hillwood for building a community out in the middle of nowhere.

Congrats on the buy, that is a great deal @ $49.23/sqft.

Comment

Don't move to in the city limits of Forney if you think that's high, I live in Fox Hollow and my taxes are 7,200 a year. It's a bitch knowing we have the second highest tax rate in the entire state of Texas.
                          Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                            Taxes are high out there, but that is also not really a surprise, someone has to pay Hillwood for building a community out in the middle of nowhere.

Congrats on the buy, that is a great deal @ $49.23/sqft.
                            x2, I am looking for a new house right now in Forney. Taxes out here are outrageous. The area he is in is a brand new housing development, so it might be higher than normal. I was looking at a house for almost twice of what the op purchased, on an acre of land, that had 3500 for taxes.

I would look in that development, but it isn't Forney ISD, so it is pretty much not an option for us.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                              Don't move to in the city limits of Forney if you think that's high, I live in Fox Hollow and my taxes are 7,200 a year. It's a bitch knowing we have the second highest tax rate in the entire state of Texas.
                              I have seen a few houses in there too. The taxes are a serious issue for the area. Especially since you can't get from one side of the town the the other without sitting in traffic.

Comment

Theyre working on that, you have to know the area to miss the traffic. There's a few ways around it.
                                Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
                                X