New House to Me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New House to Me!!!

Well i just started closing on my new house. Its not much but its only 3 years old. i think i got a pretty good deal on it. I got it for 64k. zero down and move in. I will have to paint the entire house. Its located in heartland, which is between crandall, and forney. I will be painting the whole house. And new carpet and some tile in the kitchen. I will be adding a patio cover in the backyard soon... The taxes are pretty high for the size of the house. But I think i got a good deal. its 1300 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath. And the dam taxes are 3200 a year. plus hoa fees of 31 a month...
    Last edited by 1bad?; 04-03-2011, 10:33 PM.

Nice. I think I know that general area, up fm 741 right? Those taxes are a bitch.

Comment

Man nice purchase. I would love to find a house that size for under 100k that is fairly new.

Comment

You've gotta do some landscaping with that patch along side of the garage, looks kinda weird bare like that. Congrats though, I know it's a work in progress.

Comment

Jesus, 3200! im in rockwall, 2400sqft, and my taxes are around 3200.
          2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            You've gotta do some landscaping with that patch along side of the garage, looks kinda weird bare like that. Congrats though, I know it's a work in progress.
            x2 on the landscaping. Nice house though!

Comment

yea its rite off of 741. yea taxes are a killer... the grass is already green and thick. but yea its appraised at 103k but the market is rough.. im going to paint it all my self... well atleast attempt to lol. i will have homedepot do the carpet. then maybe next summer add the patio on. The lot is really small but its a good area since i have alittle boy for schools and close to my job.

Comment

$64k a year? Badass! I'd love to get into a house for that.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

im not a big fan on the big ass garage in the front like that but it was just to good of a deal to pass up. and the yard is on a terrible hill... but the house house sprinkler system, alarm. They built these homes to be energy eff. yea taxes im going to try to dispute them in may and see what happens..

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    $64k a year? Badass! I'd love to get into a house for that.
                    You would pay 64k a year on a house?

Comment

Yale!!! you live in PA i use to live in Reading PA for about an year,.. its different up there for sure. but nice. but still love texas tho

Comment

i got it for 64k total not are year

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
                          i got it for 64k total not are year
                          I know, was just poking fun at what Yale said.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                            You would pay 64k a year on a house?
                            My bad. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that.

Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
                            Yale!!! you live in PA i use to live in Reading PA for about an year,.. its different up there for sure. but nice. but still love texas tho
                            Yeah, it's pretty country for sure, but Texas>*. I'll be back when I'm done with this, for sure.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

it was to cold for me and didnt like shoveling snow to go to work

Comment

Working...
                              X