Need a CPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
    Fag. I've called, left a message and texted you a while back - no return call.
    Sent you a PM....

Comment

Don't trust everyone just because they are on this website. I ran into an issue a couple years ago where at the last minute I tried to use someone from this website to help a stanger out and they wanted to charge me 3 times what my normal CPA charges me. I took it to my normal CPA that day and decided against using someone from the board. Hope you have better luck than me.

Comment

Originally posted by blue5spd View Post
        Don't trust everyone just because they are on this website. I ran into an issue a couple years ago where at the last minute I tried to use someone from this website to help a stanger out and they wanted to charge me 3 times what my normal CPA charges me. I took it to my normal CPA that day and decided against using someone from the board. Hope you have better luck than me.
        A CPA charged more at the last minute when they're working 12-16 hour days 7 days a week?!

It's valid advice to not trust someone just because of a referral, but just because the price was higher doesn't mean they're screwing you. It could be a better service, they could have more overhead, etc. Just because someone is "taking care of you" doesn't mean it will be cheaper.

Comment

Well it is a good thing Patty will have tons of free time to do my taxes when I HAVE to file in September.

No complaints yet and he was very knowledgable right off the bat for a situation that sends most CPAs in a whirlwind of "uh, uh, uh, expat what?"

For the record I have had very good luck by using members from the boards from everything from finding and buying a house, brokering my mortgage, 440' of wrought iron fence, granit counters, etc, etc.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
            A CPA charged more at the last minute when they're working 12-16 hour days 7 days a week?!

It's valid advice to not trust someone just because of a referral, but just because the price was higher doesn't mean they're screwing you. It could be a better service, they could have more overhead, etc. Just because someone is "taking care of you" doesn't mean it will be cheaper.
            That would be a great argument if they would have not told me they were doing it on the side as they went to school full time and were doing it out of their house. Help me figure out the overhead of a hobby? Bottom line is the person was trying to take advantage of the situation and I was just telling the OP to not trust them on the sole fact of the forum membership..
            Last edited by blue5spd; 03-30-2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Supply and demand. It sucks that they would take advantage of someone like that, but I'd be willing to bet at least one person paid it.

Comment

Working...
              X