Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just got a call from Burleson PD....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just got a call from Burleson PD....

Apparently my worthless sack of shit sister and her waste of space husband have blown through their tax refunds and are in need of money.... so now they've contacted Burleson PD to claim that I stole their debit card and took $300. ( back when she was still living with me and he had left her to return to Minnesota a month prior)

I'm so fucking PISSED right now I can't even see straight.

The officer called and stated he was calling in regards to Dan Kangas and Christy Brown, then asked if I was aware of who they were. I, of course, acknowledged who they are to me and asked for clarification as to the nature of his call. He said Dan is wants to file charges against me for theft of $300 by way of stealing my sisters debit card and withdrawing money without his/her permission.

During our conversation, I wasn't able to pin point exactly what night he was referring to, but explained that I'd used her debit card many times on her behalf and never had it unless she specifically gave it to me with a request to get her something while I'm out. Any transaction ever done by me was made at her request and she used my debit card regularly (with my permission) as well.

We got disconnected so I called him right back and left him three messages to continue the conversation with no luck. What should I do?

This is the same sack of shit sister/BIL that bled me for every fucking penny I had to spare, and quite a few more that I didn't have to spare.... bled my friends and family of every ounce of generosity they had to offer as well.
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

you sure it really was the Burleson PD?

Edit: Nevermind, if you called back, you had to have heard a recording.

Comment

What a crock of shit! I feel sorry for that little girl! Hope she is able to get out without getting her parents traits instilled in her. Ever thought about adopting her?

Comment

First, I wouldn't have acknowledged that you EVER had her debit card. I'd think that would give them all the ammo they need to move forward with pressing charges. But, I'm no LEO, nor a lawyer.

I'd have said something along the lines of "Yeah, I know them. They drained my bank account, along with many others, and if I never see them again it will be too soon. Why? Is one or both dead? Don't tease me like that."
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Wouldn't this be a civil case? I find it suspicious that you could call a police department about a quasi-crime that happened months ago and they would follow up on it.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Wouldn't this be a civil case? I find it suspicious that you could call a police department about a quasi-crime that happened months ago and they would follow up on it.
            But they can't find a car that was stolen 3 minutes ago.... Not much going on in Burleson, I see.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thats some Bullshit!
              Figures you go out of your way to help someone, and they still end up trying to screw you over in the end. Hope they get hit by a bus!

Comment

Call the PD and ask for him by name. That might answer all your questions right there. I would start making notes right now.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

A part of me says fight fire with fire, but sometimes you have to cut things off and move on. I would start looking around for a decent lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Call the PD and ask for him by name. That might answer all your questions right there. I would start making notes right now.
                    Them pulling some kind of scam is what first came to mind for me. I would make sure the police officer was legit.

Comment

Seems fishy you were disconnected and then tried to call back 3 times and got no answer. I hope every thing works out for you!
                      Originally posted by Nash B.
                      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        First, I wouldn't have acknowledged that you EVER had her debit card. I'd think that would give them all the ammo they need to move forward with pressing charges. But, I'm no LEO, nor a lawyer.

I'd have said something along the lines of "Yeah, I know them. They drained my bank account, along with many others, and if I never see them again it will be too soon. Why? Is one or both dead? Don't tease me like that."
                        Denying it is prabably not a good idea. I would think that if this progressed further, most bank ATM's take a snapshot when ever someone withdraws money from them...which could be obtained.

Comment

File a restraining order against them and tell them to never contact you again. Problem not solved, but the beginning to a B line for stress free.
                          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Ok, how does he file charges on you for using your sisters debit card? She would have to file the charges. Is she filing charges? If not, I don't even see how it got this far.

Comment

Do you know what the 300.00 is for? Do you remember making a purchase like that with her card?

Comment

Working...
                              X