Rebuilt Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt Title

Is there a way I can get a copy of the "repair bill" for a rebuilt title?

My understanding is that you have to prove the car is road worthy before getting a rebuilt title and you have to submit a document proving so. I am looking at a car with a rebuilt title and I'd like to find out more about what happened.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Doubtful, the inspection process isn't as thorough as you think.

It's best to pass. Personally I don't want rebuilt salvage vehicles unless I'm the one who rebuilt them or they are really really really cheap.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

It's not hard, but if they allready have the tile the ispection should be done. If not you just have to list the parts used and the supplier on a rebuilt vehicle affidavid(from tmv). Then go for a regular inspection. Sometimes the clerks at the motor vehicles office get ruffled because they dont see too many of these, but it's really simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        Is there a way I can get a copy of the "repair bill" for a rebuilt title?

My understanding is that you have to prove the car is road worthy before getting a rebuilt title and you have to submit a document proving so. I am looking at a car with a rebuilt title and I'd like to find out more about what happened.
        You have to fill out form VTR-61 when applying for a rebuilt title. On it, the rebuilder is "supposed" to list what was done to the car, and if any major components were changed they are supposed to list VIN (if possible) or part number, and where purchased. This is the only form the DMZ collects related to a rebuilt title application. You don't have to turn in receipts, body shop repairs, or anything. Hell you don't even have to show them to the clerk anymore.
        You *may* be able to get a copy of that form that was supplied (VTR-61), never tried that. And they'll only have that if the rebuilt title was applied for here in TX. If the car say had a rebuilt title in OK, and then was registered here in TX, they wouldn't even have that form.

Comment

Working...
        X