Summit rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit rant...

So, here I go. I placed an order, over the phone, a rather large order back in August of 09. I got the order which included a set of QA1 caster/camber plates. I have a 90 GT. When I was installing the plates I noticed that they weren't fitting quite right. So I called summit and asked them to verify the part number. When they checked they said it was for 89 and older mustang's. The summit TECH guy told me I could just file a little away at the holes and as long as they fit, they would work. So I did that. They fit, and they aligned ok. Well I might have 500 miles on it since then. And I noticed that it was making a loud noise when I hit a bump. I knew that I was eventually going to rip the front end apart again, so I figured that I'd address the issue then. Well, now it's apart and I called QA1 tech to see what they could tell me. We went over the whole install and made sure that it was installed correctly. They said that the only thing that they could figure that it would be is that it's the wrong plates for that year. So, I called summit and asked if they could do anything. The way that I look at it, is they messed up and sent me the wrong part. When I called, they gave me the direction to modify the strut tower and install the part. (maybe dumb on my part) So they should fix the problem. They didn't see it that way. They said that it had been a year and a half and it was out of the warranty period. They said that if it had only been on for a month and a half they could probably do something, but not since it had been on for a year and a half. I said the car might have 500 miles on it, compared to a daily driver that would have 5000 miles on it. They didn't care. I've done thousands of dollars in business and never, not once returned anything. I just figured that maybe they would eat the $160 from their bad advice. Let me have it if I need it guys. I'm just upset.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Sorry you're upset man. Lesson learned at least! Kinda hard to expect a warranty on a 1.5 year old part and mileage can't be proven.

Comment

<--- Didn't think there was a difference in CC plates across 87-93.

Comment

How dare they not honor a one and a half year old part.

Comment

I agree. What's the problem? You drilled out their part and left it on there a year and a half. You should have returned it when you discovered it was the wrong part
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I agree. What's the problem? You drilled out their part and left it on there a year and a half. You should have returned it when you discovered it was the wrong part
            X2

Comment

If you have to modify a new part to make it fit that should be a red flag that something is wrong. I buy from Summit a lot as well as Jegs. They are both great in the warranty dept as long as you are straight with them. But after a year I can't see being pissed about it. I find that most on phone techs are are just as bad as Autozone counter help.

Comment

If you think it shouldn't be a big deal for them to eat the $160, then it's not a big deal for you to eat the $160.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Sorry man, I'm on the reasonable side here too....1.5 years is too long to go back bitching now. How can they verify that the car has really been sitting all this time? I think Summit and Jegs both are among the higher in customer service that I've dealt with over the years, and I wouldn't hold something like this against them. 30 days sure.....~540 days...not so much.

...you also mention a daily would only have 5K miles on it in the same amount of time....you sure about that? Average in the DFW area is more like 10K-15K per year.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I bought maximum motorsports caster camber plates and on the instructions by them it said some filing may be required. So calm down it's common practice. The popping sound might be from the bearing in the mount itself gone bad. That or something is loose.

That's my opinion.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

repost? didnt the same thing happen to another guy back in Canada?
                      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
                        If you have to modify a new part to make it fit that should be a red flag that something is wrong. I buy from Summit a lot as well as Jegs. They are both great in the warranty dept as long as you are straight with them. But after a year I can't see being pissed about it. I find that most on phone techs are are just as bad as Autozone counter help.
                        Why would you call a parts store for advice? I never understood that. Never when I was working on my own car did I think of calling a parts store. If you don't know how it works, or how to do it chances are you shouldn't buy the part, unless you have a way of doing it. I don't understand why calling autozone would even cross someones mind, they sell parts not work on cars.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                          repost? didnt the same thing happen to another guy back in Canada?
                          No I think some guy ran his car into a ditch and busted one side
                          Big Rooster Racing
                          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                            No I think some guy ran his car into a ditch and busted one side
                            no...im pretty sure some guy tried to return a part to summit or jegs after a year or so and was pissed that they wouldnt take the part back or give him his cash back. im sure someone else remembers.
                            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                              no...im pretty sure some guy tried to return a part to summit or jegs after a year or so and was pissed that they wouldnt take the part back or give him his cash back. im sure someone else remembers.
                              Well it wasn't me, lol. This is the first time I've posted this, cause I just made the call last night.

Yes I am sure about the daily driver thing, I put about that many miles on mine so that's what I was referring to. I'm in VA not DFW unfortunatley.

And the actuall part wasn't modified, it was the strut tower. Everything as far as the part is the same as when it came to me.

I get the warranty thing, and summit has been great to me. Like I said I've done a lot of business with them, and this is the one time I've had an issue. I guess I'm just frusterated with the situation. Nothing can be done about it now. They did discount the right set, assuming that they are sending me the right set this time, lol.
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Working...
                              X