Anyone have or have had Vonage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have or have had Vonage?

Looking for an alternative to getting raped by AT&T and thought about Vonage. Anyone have an opinion on them?
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Didn't know anyone still kept regular home phone service

Comment

I used them until I finally decided to save another $10 a month and just use my cell phone. No problems with the service. When I quit they offered me a yearly plan for only $8 a month..300 minutes. I would use them again if I needed a "house" phone.

Comment

Phone service for $1.79 per month, say hello to Magic Jack!

Comment

I've had Vonage for 5 years and it's absolutely great! Never one complaint.
          Edit: I have the Vonage World plan, $25.99 a month, free long distance in the US and to 60 different countries (pretty much all of North America, Europe and eastern Asia).
          With the various taxes and whatnot, it comes out to $36.08 a month.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I've had Vonage for about 3-4 years now. I have to have a home phone as a condition of employment.

Mine is due for renewal, I'll get you a price by tomorrow.

Comment

Haven't had a land line in 8 years. I dont miss the wrong numbers and telemarketers either.

Comment

Had it for almost 4 years now. No problems to speak of. I have the Vonage phone adapter plugged into my Linksys WRT54GS router. Verizon FIOS is my ISP. Voice quality is indistinguishable from my previous land line. Hard to beat unlimited local/long distance (and some international locations) for less than $30/mo.

Also, ask the tech to set it up to where you can plug in a phone in any jack in your home and have dial tone. In order to do that they will access your telephone NID box outside your house and create a closed loop. Otherwise, if they don't, you can only plug it into 1 jack.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  I've had Vonage for 5 years and it's absolutely great! Never one complaint.
                  Edit: I have the Vonage World plan, $25.99 a month, free long distance in the US and to 60 different countries (pretty much all of North America, Europe and eastern Asia).
                  With the various taxes and whatnot, it comes out to $36.08 a month.
                  Cool!

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  I've had Vonage for about 3-4 years now. I have to have a home phone as a condition of employment.

Mine is due for renewal, I'll get you a price by tomorrow.
                  Ok, thanks.

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                  Had it for almost 4 years now. No problems to speak of. I have the Vonage phone adapter plugged into my Linksys WRT54GS router. Verizon FIOS is my ISP. Voice quality is indistinguishable from my previous land line. Hard to beat unlimited local/long distance (and some international locations) for less than $30/mo.

Also, ask the tech to set it up to where you can plug in a phone in any jack in your home and have dial tone. In order to do that they will access your telephone NID box outside your house and create a closed loop. Otherwise, if they don't, you can only plug it into 1 jack.
                  Good info-I think I'm going to go ahead and sign up. We haven't had a home phone in about 4 years. We've been using our cells, but the boys are staying home by themselves some and they don't always have their phones charged something's wrong with it, it's turned on silent or they left it at their other parent's house, etc. PLUS, we want to be able to make sure they're home when we call-they are getting to the 'sneak out' age.
                  Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Even though I work for At this time I have Vonage world for my business and I pay 35.00 a month for it. I talk with People in Australia and Shanghia China and have no issues with it.

Comment

Well, you guys sold me on it. Signed up tonight. Holla!
                      Token Split Tail

Comment

Customers have access to the NID/SNI. Open the NID and you will see a plug, unplug the plug inside the NID/SNI unless you have a dry loop dsl, this will disco your inside wire from the plant. If you have a dry loop DSL you will need to have the DSL put on the 2nd pr (Orange/White) to the jack where the modem and Vonage will go, then run the vonage to the 1st pr (Blue White).

PM me if you have any questions. I may have some time Wednesday if you guys need me to come by and setup a jack for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
                          Customers have access to the NID/SNI. Open the NID and you will see a plug, unplug the plug inside the NID/SNI unless you have a dry loop dsl, this will disco your inside wire from the plant. If you have a dry loop DSL you will need to have the DSL put on the 2nd pr (Orange/White) to the jack where the modem and Vonage will go, then run the vonage to the 1st pr (Blue White).

PM me if you have any questions. I may have some time Wednesday if you guys need me to come by and setup a jack for them.
                          Oh, cool. I don't know if you're talking to me about setting it up, but if so, thanks!
                          Token Split Tail

Comment

Actually, you can do that yourself with an adapter that plugs into the wall and takes two phone wires. One wire goes to the vonage box, and the other goes to a phone. When the jack is plugged into the wall - all of the phones work. Do open the outside box and yank that little wire.

I've got vonage because there were too many people that had our old land line number, and because we have a home alarm system (which works flawlessly over the vonage link as long as the internet has power).

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                              Actually, you can do that yourself with an adapter that plugs into the wall and takes two phone wires. One wire goes to the vonage box, and the other goes to a phone. When the jack is plugged into the wall - all of the phones work. Do open the outside box and yank that little wire.

I've got vonage because there were too many people that had our old land line number, and because we have a home alarm system (which works flawlessly over the vonage link as long as the internet has power).
                              FYI if you have DSL it comes over the main pair that the Dial tone came in on. This is why the DSL would need to be moved to the 2nd pr, this makes it easier then going to every jack in the house rewireing them to the 2nd pr. and keeps the Dial tone on the 1st pr.

I deal with this daily at work having to go behind asshats who have no clue how to connect there vonage then wonder why I just billed them 99.00 for the 1st 1/2 hr and 40.00 every 15 minutes after.

Comment

Working...
                              X