Pre/Early Diabetes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre/Early Diabetes?

Has anyone been diagnosed with this? I was diagnosed on Friday with this. I figured it was coming because almost everyone in my family is diabetic. Just wondering if there are any success stories of actually preventing this disease when it's caught in this stage?

Doctor told me to cut calories, sugars and start exercising regulary. This is going to be extremely hard for me with limited time and poor eating habits. Any tips would be great.
    See you later...

Originally posted by ImayBblack View Post
    Has anyone been diagnosed with this? I was diagnosed on Friday with this. I figured it was coming because almost everyone in my family is diabetic. Just wondering if there are any success stories of actually preventing this disease when it's caught in this stage?

Doctor told me to cut calories, sugars and start exercising regulary. This is going to be extremely hard for me with limited time and poor eating habits. Any tips would be great.
    Ash, make some time, and come to my place, we can sit and chit chat a bit. I've got a few books you can look into, and some diet ideas that could really help.

It's not as hard as you'd think, but will take some food prep time once/twice a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Ash, make some time, and come to my place, we can sit and chit chat a bit. I've got a few books you can look into, and some diet ideas that could really help.

It's not as hard as you'd think, but will take some food prep time once/twice a week.
      Solid pick up attempt!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Solid pick up attempt!
        i give it a 7.3

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i give it a 7.3

god bless.
          You fucked it twice?

Comment

ok, how about this one...

I've got a prescription for you... one hot beef injection daily should do the trick!!

but really Ash, fuck these worthless dicks

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              You fucked it twice?
              you are being generous!

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I was diagnosed in september. It really is a kick in the ass when they tell you.

Work on your diet as soon as possible. Cut out all sugars. Drink water mostly. You can drink diet cokes, but sparingly. Pay very close attention to your calories and carbs.

Everybodys body reacts different to certain foods. Some people have problems with carb loads like pasta, etc. I don't have that problem, it is strictly soft drinks and sweets that really affect me.

Oh, and make sure the meter and test strips your doc gives you is a meter covered under your plan. I didn't know this and got stuck with a meter my insurance doesn't really cover and they want $50 for a months worth of test strips. I called my insurance and got a free meter and 3 months of test strips for $65.
                Last edited by mstng86; 03-28-2011, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I'm down. I really don't want to lose any weight though. Is that possible on your diet? I mean, I could stand to lose 5lbs or so, but nothing over that.
                  See you later...

Comment

can we see some pics of you so that we can give you the best advice possible?

Comment

I'm down. I really don't want to lose any weight though. Is that possible on your diet? I mean, I could stand to lose 5lbs or so, but nothing over that.
                      I'm not on a diet, and my goals aren't weight loss, just to be healthy. I just happen to be fat, so losing weight just kind of happens when you eat right and are a fatty

There are just some simple things to start avoiding 90% of the time, and other things you should be eating almost daily, well certain types of foods.

Comment

ok, how about this one...

I've got a prescription for you... one hot beef injection daily should do the trick!!

but really Ash, fuck these worthless dicks
                        You've read my book!

Comment

I would suggest cutting calories/sugars and start exercising regularly LOL

Seriously though anything you can do above what you're currently doing is a positive step in the right direction. Just have to decide exactly when you're important enough in the scheme of things
                          Originally posted by Vertnut
                          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            you are being generous!

god bless.
                            You're correct, I was thinking about when you were thinner.

Comment

what did your a1c come back as?

Comment

Working...
                              X