Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a 2011 Challenger SRT8, Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
    How is the new 392 better than the predecessor?

the SRT guys at the Track Experience said they were amazed at the difference in how well the 6.4 handled versus the 6.1 models. Some owners of the 6.1 were saying the same thing. Apparently they tweaked the suspension on the '11's.
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I have a an SRT-8, I've enjoyed it for the most part. We use it as a daily driver, the only issue we've had with it is the electric fans went out on it at 24k miles.

Pros;

-very comfortable.
      -excellent power
      -all the options and gadgets
      -alot of space for passengers

Cons;
      - Horrible gas mileage
      - Parts are expensive and difficult to obtain
      - Some insurance companies charge very high insurance for the reason above
      - Service at Dodge dealerships is horrible and very expensive.

If someone is looking for a car to do quarter mile sprints, you're looking at the wrong cars. The SRT-8's are touring cars, where they shine and are a pleasure to drive is on the highway. We've taken our SRT8 on a few trips and it easily cruises at 80-90mph that feels like 40mph in other cars. These cars are very usable around town, lots of torque on tap. The downside is that these cars are very expensive to own for the reasons I listed above.
      I guess that would be a problem without warranty and of course the gas. But I plan to buy the extended bumper to bumper for 7/70 or more. Although I don't want to deal with a lot of repairs even if they are covered.
      2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
      2011 Harley Davidson F150
      2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        In my opinion you should have asked for opinions BEFORE you put a deposit down. Good looking cars.
        That pre-supposes that I would allow anything from on here to change my decision and that I cannot get my deposit back if I wanted to. But I can get it back and I ask the question for entertainment purposes and a little for what to look out for. Most people that jump up and say that car is crap every thing will be falling off of it, have had a lemon version. I just have to hope I don't have the bad luck to get one of those. But you can get a lemon in any car....

At least you didn't tell me I was stupid or an ass... I like the mellower version of you.... LOL

Comment

You left out one of the most important details about the car, what color is it?

Comment

sharp looking cars. they make some good power and run decent. however, you can feel every bit of that 4,200 lbs. when you drive it. if dodge would put those beasts on a serious diet, you would have a reasonably fast car.

Comment

does it still have the Chrysler 300 interior?

Comment

I love the looks and sound of those, but they are waaay too overweight. I would put a nice exhaust on it, and just drive the shit out of it, don't worry about being the fastest.

That being said, wheres the pics??

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
                  You left out one of the most important details about the car, what color is it?
                  Redline 3 coat pearl with silver center stripes

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    I love the looks and sound of those, but they are waaay too overweight. I would put a nice exhaust on it, and just drive the shit out of it, don't worry about being the fastest.

That being said, wheres the pics??
                    Don't have it yet. It is still in Canada. Lots of pics when it gets here.

Comment

Working...
                    X