Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a 2011 Challenger SRT8, Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soap View Post
    +1
    i went to buy one from dallas dodge. last year i walked out after they try to butt fuck me
    with 29%apr, with my credit score being 700. told him he can keep it...
    wow lol

Comment

Nice looking cars but not sure bout for racing. But I would rock one as a daily
      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

I want the 2011 challenger SRT-8 in the worst way, but just can't justify 45k + on a car that won't be driven as a daily, hell I don't even think I put 500 miles on the Cobra last year. I think it is a well balanced car all around. Is it a track burner? No, but more than enough power, great seats and interior with great exterior styling.

Arr, talking myself into one again.
        2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
        Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
        Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
        Speedlogix Catch Can
        Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
          I want the 2011 challenger SRT-8 in the worst way, but just can't justify 45k + on a car that won't be driven as a daily, hell I don't even think I put 500 miles on the Cobra last year. I think it is a well balanced car all around. Is it a track burner? No, but more than enough power, great seats and interior with great exterior styling.

Arr, talking myself into one again.
          No love for a GT500?
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

In my opinion you should have asked for opinions BEFORE you put a deposit down. Good looking cars.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              In my opinion you should have asked for opinions BEFORE you put a deposit down. Good looking cars.
              Beat me to it. See it all the time here.

Hey, I just spent 30K-500K, what should I look out for!?
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

My opinion is that autos suck.

Comment

Those cars are beautiful! Congrats. The fact that they are overpriced just means there will be less on the road and hopefully retain some of that value.
                  WRX

Comment

Originally posted by TexasVert View Post
                    Well you got two out of three right....
                    High 12s isn't really fast considering the power its making (which is under rated from dynos I've seen, its making closer to 500), they should have put that thing on a major diet. It looks really good don't get me wrong, but I couldn't justify paying that much for it.

Now the '12 Boss 302 has got my undivided attention. That thing is a beast and will run circles around the Challenger SRT8 in every category. But for a daily, you made a good decision imo.

Comment

I have a an SRT-8, I've enjoyed it for the most part. We use it as a daily driver, the only issue we've had with it is the electric fans went out on it at 24k miles.

Pros;

-very comfortable.
                      -excellent power
                      -all the options and gadgets
                      -alot of space for passengers

Cons;
                      - Horrible gas mileage
                      - Parts are expensive and difficult to obtain
                      - Some insurance companies charge very high insurance for the reason above
                      - Service at Dodge dealerships is horrible and very expensive.

If someone is looking for a car to do quarter mile sprints, you're looking at the wrong cars. The SRT-8's are touring cars, where they shine and are a pleasure to drive is on the highway. We've taken our SRT8 on a few trips and it easily cruises at 80-90mph that feels like 40mph in other cars. These cars are very usable around town, lots of torque on tap. The downside is that these cars are very expensive to own for the reasons I listed above.

Comment

Excellent choice! The Challenger is a badass car.
                        Hellcat Charger

Comment

I don't care for the price as stated alot above. The gas mileage is horrible in them, my friend owns an auto and the $ he spends on gas every week is insane.

Comment

Just put a deposit on an SRT8 at Huffines in Lewisville. It should be in in about 3 weeks. Anyone have any experiences with these cars?

Thanks,
                            Mike
                            I had experience with one (392) all yesterday at the SRT Track Experience at TMS. Pretty fun to drive and seemed to handle pretty good. Awesome exhaust note for stock. Kinda plain interior compared to the Mustang and Camaro. In the back of my mind I couldn't stop thinking about how the '11 5.0 would eat it up on the road course.
                            HD Parts
                            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Just put a deposit on an SRT8 at Huffines in Lewisville. It should be in in about 3 weeks. Anyone have any experiences with these cars?

Thanks,
                              Mike

oh, and since you bought your car new, you are now able to do the SRT Experience at no charge. Since it's already passed this area, you'll have to wait and register for next year's using your VIN. Most people don't know that's included when you buy the vehicle, and dealers don't tell about it.

View the 2023 Dodge SRT? lineup: Charger, Challenger & Durango. Discover the muscle behind the Dodge cars & SUVs equipped with street & racing technology today.
                              HD Parts
                              paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

They look and sound decent, but what's up with the skinny tires? They all look like they have skinny ass tires on them, looks terrible on that wide car.

I'd personally never buy a dodge product made after 1970 but to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X