Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with tire pressure monitoring after wheel swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with tire pressure monitoring after wheel swap?

So my friend with his 03 Navigator sold his tires to a guy with an 04 Navigator since he was about to trade it in. Since they had the same rims, they just swapped from one car to another.

Now, the guy who bought the tires is getting the warning system giving him problems.

Are the sensors linked to the original vehicle only? Is there a way to re-sync the monitors to the different vehicle without having to break down the tires and swap them?

Probably just need to do a re-learn.

Comment

This might help:

1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator - Tire Pressure sensors TPMS - Can someone please explain why if the OEM sensor is in an 18 wheel a fault light comes on after 150 miles driving, but when in a 17 wheel no light? Can this be reset? I switched to 18 lincoln wheels and have this problem. Everything was okay at first, but...

Comment

I experienced a problem one time when I didn't replace the tires with the OEM tire size. This can cause problems with the TPM system in some cases.

Comment

what a PITA "feature". Too many gadgets in today's cars.

Comment

They have to be reset to the processor...only bad thing is that they weren't DOT required until year model 2007 and newer....so there is a remote chance that the set he put on now doesn't have TPMS sensors in them at all.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
            X