Do not cuss out AT&T or they'll cancel you! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not cuss out AT&T or they'll cancel you! lol

have you seen this email? i have a feeling allot of pissed off people call them so now they had to make some new rules!

Dear AT&T Internet Service Customer:

We are updating the AT&T High Speed Internet Terms of Service. We are making these changes to provide greater clarity around the terms of your service and to help us deliver a consistent, high-quality service experience for all of our customers.

We’ve reinforced this notice with additional links providing answers to frequently asked questions. Of course, we are ready and available to answer any questions you may have and to discuss individual account needs or concerns.

Here's a summary of the updates:

• Introduction Revision: We have added email as a separate service because
    we now offer customers without our high speed Internet service the ability to have
    an att.net email.

• Changes to this Agreement: We have changed the acceptance provision so that
    you are now deemed to have accepted the changes to the agreement after the
    30 day notice has passed, rather than immediately after receipt.

• AT&T High Speed Internet Service: We have moved the speed tiers to a link
    within the agreement, www.att.com/speedtiers for easy reference.

• Service Availability: We have added language to clarify that service is not
    available in all areas, and may not be available at certain speeds (or at all) at
    some locations.

• Service/Site Changes: We have added language stating that AT&T may need to
    modify or discontinue your service, either temporarily or permanently.

• Conversion from DSL to U-verse High Speed Internet: We have added
    language to this agreement that will allow us to convert customers from our DSL
    network to the AT&T U-verse High Speed network, where available.

• Usage: We've added a link at www.att.com/internet-usage where customers can
    go to get information about AT&T's data usage policy and managing their data
    usage.

• Dial-up Access Options and Toll Charges: We have added language to clarify
    specific charges that may be incurred. Such charges are your responsibility to pay.

• Collection Agency Fees: We have added language that you are responsible for
    paying collection agency fees AT&T incurs when recovering any money owed to us.

• Email and Termination or Cancellation of Service: We have added language
    explaining that you will keep your email address if you choose to terminate service.

• Abusive Treatment: We have added language that allows AT&T to terminate the
    service of customers who repeatedly harass or abuse our employees.

• Equipment & Software: We have added language to address U-verse equipment
    that is not owned by the customer, and needs to be returned after termination of
    service.

• Restrictions on Use & Network Management: We have added language
    to make clear that the AT&T Acceptable Use Policy is incorporated into the terms
    of service. Also, to protect our network from harm and to help us ensure a high
    quality Internet experience for all of our customers, we have added language
    about reasonable network management practices that AT&T may adopt. We will
    provide you with advance notice and details if we implement new network
    management practices that directly impact your service.

• Content: We have added language about mobile data charges for forwarding
    content from the att.net web site to a mobile device.

We encourage you to review the revised terms and acceptable use policy. Please visit:

www.att.com/tos2011
    www.corp.att.com/aup

Please note, that by continuing to use the Service, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth in the Terms of Service document.

Visit our online support site at www.att.com/tos2011-faq for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank you for being an AT&T Internet member. We are happy to have you as part of our online community and look forward to continuing to serve your Internet needs.

Sincerely,
    Your AT&T Internet Service Customer Care Team

Comment

AT&T Will Cap Internet Use, Charge Overage Fees Starting In May

Heavy AT&T internet users will have to keep an eye on the amount of data they've downloaded, because come May they'll be subject to overages after a preset amount of gigabytes gobbled.

DSL Reports overage charges will run $10 per 50 GB over the limit. The caps will be 150 GB for landline DSL users and 250 GB for U-Verse customers. Before users get stung with overage fees, they'll get two cap-exceeding months without having to pay.

i wonder how much the netflix users take up internet bandwidth every month from AT&T???

bandwidth educated guess................

1. Mon-Fri, Two VPN sessions with work, using email, sending files, etc.... 4gb/month
      2. Netflix/Video streaming usage - average 2 hours/day = 120gb
      3. Internet Radio - average 4 hours/day (128k stream, 6 days/week) = 8gb/month
      4. 2 iTunes season passes, 2 gb per show/week = 16gb
      5. Other (VOIP, regular usage, Youtube) = 2gb

Think this is going after cord-cutters?
      Last edited by scootro; 03-27-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hope that is just residential, cause on the business side it's almost like you have to start cussing and bitching them out to get ANYWHERE. I usually give them 10-15 minutes and a couple of calls each and then start venting.

ATT sucks in every way possible. That company will have to implode shortly, it's like a poorly run US Government. At least the people running the government are motivated by corruption and votes. ATT execs these days are like...step 1, work for ATT, step 3 PROFIT!
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          Think this is going after cord-cutters?
          Do they provide a method to track usage?
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

According to their math, the caps equate to 10 HD movie downloads on DSL or 13 on U-verse. I'd imagine there are plenty of Netfilx users that watch way more than that.

I wish I had another option, their service sucks. I can't even get information off their website - according to them, they don't provide service in my area. Not sure why they send me a bill every month then...

Comment

Shit.

February 2011 (Incoming: 154264 MB / Outgoing: 2542 MB)
              January 2011 (Incoming: 263884 MB / Outgoing: 4532 MB)
              December 2010 (Incoming: 181745 MB / Outgoing: 5824 MB)
              November 2010 (Incoming: 234808 MB / Outgoing: 5790 MB)

pulled the stats from my router running ddwrt incase you are wondering.
              2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                According to their math, the caps equate to 10 HD movie downloads on DSL or 13 on U-verse. I'd imagine there are plenty of Netfilx users that watch way more than that.

I wish I had another option, their service sucks. I can't even get information off their website - according to them, they don't provide service in my area. Not sure why they send me a bill every month then...
                Not on At&t, but we get access to our monthly usage (I'm positive this is a preemptive action before they begin implementing overage charges). The last one I looked at showed that other users with our plan use 50-69G per cycle, half way through I was at 100+. We watch netflix/hulu exclusively so I know that adds up.

On a side note, when I cancelled TV service they asked me if I wanted to upgrade speeds for better streaming. I declined and it was shortly after this I began to get notifications from the company that my usage was high.

Comment

I don't see what is wrong with the bolded print in the OP original text. No one should be verbally abusing anyone over the phone. Yes you work for the company and you represent them but the person assisting you over the phone is just following the process.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    I don't see what is wrong with the bolded print in the OP original text. No one should be verbally abusing anyone over the phone. Yes you work for the company and you represent them but the person assisting you over the phone is just following the process.
                    I somewhat agree, but companies are twats about 'verbal abuse'. I said 'damn, that is outrageous' once and was told I needed to chill on the offense language. I followed up with offensive language, lots of it.

Comment

I totally agree, but there are certain types of passive-aggresive people that only get their aggression out on the phone with faceless customer service people. They don't care that it rarely, if ever, works, they just have to have that release. Pretty sad actually.

Comment

I am speaking from experience as I used to work the phones. It is hard enough to deal with rude people let alone when they start cussing or using offensive language (damn). It also puts that person in the immediate mindset that anything they say they will have an un-needed argument over and will be even more difficult to satisfy ultimately affecting service more resulting in an even worse experience.

If you are good at it (phone support) though you can use it to your advantage and you just need to know you facts and state those facts.
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I am speaking from experience as I used to work the phones. It is hard enough to deal with rude people let alone when they start cussing or using offensive language (damn). It also puts that person in the immediate mindset that anything they say they will have an un-needed argument over and will be even more difficult to satisfy ultimately affecting service more resulting in an even worse experience.

If you are good at it (phone support) though you can use it to your advantage and you just need to know you facts and state those facts.
                          I've done customer service as well, and have had my share of irate customers. Once the foul language started I'd simply and kindly reminde them that I am doing my best to help, warn them that kind of language wouldn't be tolerated, and that I'd disconnect the call if it continued. Alot of the time that would calm them enough to be civil and allow me to do my job, and on a few ocassions I'd tell them that I am discontinuing the convo, and hung up.

Comment

Well, fuck all. The old coot might've had a point:
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

^^^he stutters too much! i couldn't understand him

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              Do they provide a method to track usage?
                              no but i bet you that they will very soon

Comment

Working...
                              X