New Member...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
    Im going to have to agree. It just depends on what u want and what "fast" means to u. Figure that out and then go from there. Suggestion if u do want to go real fast at the track come watch but u will get sucked in for sure. It's not a bad thing unless u aren't worried bout that now
    When it comes down to it I want a quicker acceleration... Not for racing, just for my own joy. When I push down the gas I don't want a little lag and then a jump. I'd like a lot better take off. Possible?

Comment

Originally posted by CMYoung View Post
      If you took time to read through the posts, or even my last 3, ud realize I'm not asking for anything even comparable to a Lambo..?
      For real bro, wtf are you talking about?
      I actually read the entire thing which if you eliminate you repeating your self and also eliminate everybody telling you the same answer over and over again, it can be narrowed down to two posts.

1. what should I do to my car to make it sound better and have more pull?

2. nothing, make it look nice and leave it alone.
      /

but you obviously know more than all that are giving you good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by CMYoung View Post
        When it comes down to it I want a quicker acceleration... Not for racing, just for my own joy. When I push down the gas I don't want a little lag and then a jump. I'd like a lot better take off. Possible?
        Not really. Not the get up and go that u want. Keep it looking nice then when u can sell it and get a gt or cobra or whatever u would like. Being a student though can be tough to do things to a car if u don't have the money
        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

i did a quick search and found this little thread. not sure how appropriate it is. most responses I agree with but there is one or two in there that may help you if you want to take a look.

Comment

The best thing you can do is take a shit on it. It's a v6.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

cmyoung - do a search on youtube. You will find a ton of different clips with V6 sounds. Some didnt sound to bad at all and I'm sure you would prolly like them.

Another thig how much money did you want to drop on the exhuast?

so my opinion.
              exhaust- search thoguh for the sounds clips, if you got the money, maybe do longtubes.

this one wasn't to bad
              Video of my 99 v6, has:mac longtubesoffroad x-pipe2.5" pipingflowmaster 40 seriesStock internals and stock cam.

programmer- mainly for the shift points.
              wheels - whatever ones you like.
              tint
              gears . prolly 3.73
              Last edited by musclestang89; 03-26-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

V8 swap, go used, go carb, keep the V6 insurance.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  V8 swap, go used, go carb, keep the V6 insurance.
                  To much money
                  99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                  going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                    To much money
                    I assume it's also a little risky, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                      To much money
                      What would be an amount you would consider too much?

If he could do it for $2000-$2500 would that not be a viable option on a V6 car?

I don't know what would be too much becuase I have a V8 in my Cobra and an original 95 Cobra motor with only 30K on it sitting on a craddle that is 95% complete from accessories brackets on back and oil pan to air filter box with all the wirring.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMYoung View Post
                        I assume it's also a little risky, no?
                        only if you get manicures

Comment

• Originally posted by CMYoung View Post
                          Just introducing myself... I bought a Stang a few weeks ago so that's what has lead me here. I went to dfwstangs but someone suggested here instead.
                          Lookin to be a regular member...

I have a few Q's about adding stuff to a V6 Stang... Would adding a dual exhaust & computer chip increase or decrease resale value?
                          Hello, good bye
                          Originally posted by Vertnut
                          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

• Pics of Cock or GTFO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyDoesDallas View Post
                              Pics of TITS or GTFO!!! Wife/GF/sister preferred*
                              Fixed. LMAO!!!

Comment

• If you insist on changing your exhaust, just go on you tube and search for V6 mustang exhaust. If you find something you like, buy that setup. Like most of the others have said on here, it may sound "ok" at idle, but will sound like typical fart-cannon ricer garbage when you open the throttle.

As far as the performance gains from an SCT Tuner ( tuner > chip ) - the company advertises a 19 horsepower gain for your model, and that number is likely inflated. Spending $400 for 19 horsepower (or less) is not a good investment, and the change in performance will be barely noticeable, if you even notice it at all.

Add me to the list of people that say spend your money on appearance and/or wait to buy a V8.

Comment

Working...
                                X