Decent AT tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent AT tires

Currently got 33/12.5/R15 on my Blazer now but they are getting very low in tread. Someone school me on the metric version (i.e. 285/70R17???) when comparing a 33 inch tire to the metrics. I particually dont care for how wide they were... Looked goofy. Thanks!

Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs

Comment

I like them tires. What variet is close to a 33 inch diameter, and a little skinnier then 12.5 inches? I dont mean to have yall hold my hand, but Im retarded when it comes to tire sizes.

Comment

BFG A/Ts

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
          I like them tires. What variet is close to a 33 inch diameter, and a little skinnier then 12.5 inches? I dont mean to have yall hold my hand, but Im retarded when it comes to tire sizes.

Comment

I see said the blind man! Thanks Trip. That helps ALOT.

Comment

I got 75,000 miles out of my last set of BFG tires and only 24,000 out of my Goodyear Wranglers FWIW

Comment

Hmmm... Ive had AT before on a wrangler i had. They were great.

Comment

I have 37k on my Nitto Terra Grapplers and they are still kickin.

I've had a set of BFG A/Ts last close to 50k.

I had a set of Toyo Open Countrys that I liked but damn those things were expensive and heavy.

I will never own a goodyear AT again... Too many that have failed on me.

Comment

Nitto Terra Grapplers will be your best bet. I always hear people talking about getting 60k miles out of them.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                      Nitto Terra Grapplers will be your best bet. I always hear people talking about getting 60k miles out of them.
                      This.

This will be my third set (I didn't get high mileage on the first 2 due to selling the vehicles) and I have been very happy with them.

Although I have had a flat or two from the Mesquite trees at the Ranch, I haven't had any other issues.

Comment

You don't by an off road tire for the mileage, you buy it for the off road capabilities.

If this is a second vehicle that only sees occasional use, then buy what works best off road.

With that being said, BFG All-Terrains are great tires, but they suck in mud. The best all around off road tire is a Super Swamper TSL or Bogger. I had both on my '77 K20 and they are great off road tires. Just don't expect to get more than 10k miles out of them on the pavement.

Mine lasted about 3.5 years before I had to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          You don't by an off road tire for the mileage, you buy it for the off road capabilities.

If this is a second vehicle that only sees occasional use, then buy what works best off road.

With that being said, BFG All-Terrains are great tires, but they suck in mud. The best all around off road tire is a Super Swamper TSL or Bogger. I had both on my '77 K20 and they are great off road tires. Just don't expect to get more than 10k miles out of them on the pavement.

Mine lasted about 3.5 years before I had to replace them.
                          No,

To All of this... Except the part about BFG A/Ts being Terrible in Mud.

Boggers are for mud and suck anywhere else. Not an all-around tire.

TSLs are decent for everything but can get eaten up in sharp rocks.

I personally owned TSLs that lasted 30k miles and had a set of boggers go 20k before the tread blocks started to fling off.

Comment

That tire width doesn't look bad at all when on a narrower wheel. I have the 33x12.50's on the Bronco and they look great on my 8" wide wheels. I do not like the look of them on 10" wide wheels at all.

I have the BFG's and like them though I kinda wish I had gone with a slightly more aggressive tread.

Comment

I currently have a set of Toyo Open Country A/Ts on my F250 4x4, and They've been wonderful so far. Had them since June. They've been back and forth to Colorado, through terrain with very sharp rocks where 4x4 is pretty much a requirement, through pretty gnarly mud holes, over snow and ice, you name it. They still look brand new, are very quiet and smooth, and have never flinched over any of that stuff. They aren't cheap, and maybe they are heavy, but I'll probably just replace them with the same set when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X