No announcement yet.

Wal-mart facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i might have some gift cards that i can sell to all you walmart hating folks got a few spare ones to walmart lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
      i might have some gift cards that i can sell to all you walmart hating folks got a few spare ones to walmart lol
      Shop a lot there do you a hate walmart the.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        (stare)

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          Wal Mart's business practices are completely unethical. Ethics go a long way with me, so fuck them.
          That's a pretty broad statement. If you can tell me of the unethical things you have seen, I would like to know.
          class joke
          {
          private:
          char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
          double Peas, Carrots;
          string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
          };

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            I worked with a guy who said he won't shop at Wal-Mart because they're open on Christmas, yet he has no problem eating McDonalds or going to the movies. People have stupid reasons to do, or not do things and it baffles me.
            Walmart is closed on Christmas Day...

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
              they don't start any shit with me
              Who in their right mind would???
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Don't know if this has been said as I didn't look through the whole thread...but those of you that don't know how you feel about Walmart should rent/stream - Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

and

Store Wars: When Wal-Mart Comes to Town

Both are a little out of date now (2005 and 2001) but a lot of who they are is still evident today..
                  GIFSoup

Comment

• Originally posted by mirefire 2.0 View Post
                    Don't know if this has been said as I didn't look through the whole thread...but those of you that don't know how you feel about Walmart should rent/stream - Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

and

Store Wars: When Wal-Mart Comes to Town

Both are a little out of date now (2005 and 2001) but a lot of who they are is still evident today..
                    ...and when watching, take in to consideration the bias view of both documentaries. I suggest watching the episode of "Bullshit" that talks about Wal-Mart. You might even be able to find it on youtube.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                      That's a pretty broad statement. If you can tell me of the unethical things you have seen, I would like to know.
                      If you're a smaller company, then dealing with wal-mart is like dealing with a 400lb gorilla at the bargaining table.

Say you make a product and they tell you that they want to buy it, their normal procedure is something along these lines.
                      1. Wal Mart tells you that they want to purchase some of your products to sell through their local retail outlets, on a very limited basis. They offer you 90% of your asking price per unit. You agree since the account holds a lot of potential, and they will be purchasing 10% of your product.

2. A year later, Wal Mart comes to you and says that your product sells well, and that they would like to purchase more. A lot more. Now they want to buy 30% of your gross product, and are willing to pay you 85% of your normal price per unit. This is substantial growth, and to accomodate, your company will have to expand.

As time goes on, you continue to sell your product to them, and they continue to purchase more and more until they purchase the lion's share of your product. Your company has expanded, purchased new machines to keep up with production levels, and you are moving right along with it. Wal-Mart is now 70% of your sales.

Then 3. Wal Mart comes to you and says that they have decided that they are going to pay you 60% of your normal price per unit, or they will not use your goods at all.

Now you've expanded, you've become less attentive to your smaller customers while you've focused on Wal Mart's ever increasing demand, you have more overhead, more equipment to maintain, etc.
                      What do you do?

They use this model to intentionally build up a dependence, so that they can slit the company's throat and bleed them dry.

Comment

• Adam, I saw you posted in this thread, and was instantly reminded of that time we walked past that couple in that Wal-mart, and the wife had fake tits, and you had your, "nice fake tits - sorry about the low self esteem," shirt, and they both saw it. The wife pulled a stink face, and the husband chuckled, and amusement was achieved.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                          If you're a smaller company, then dealing with wal-mart is like dealing with a 400lb gorilla at the bargaining table.

Say you make a product and they tell you that they want to buy it, their normal procedure is something along these lines.
                          1. Wal Mart tells you that they want to purchase some of your products to sell through their local retail outlets, on a very limited basis. They offer you 90% of your asking price per unit. You agree since the account holds a lot of potential, and they will be purchasing 10% of your product.

2. A year later, Wal Mart comes to you and says that your product sells well, and that they would like to purchase more. A lot more. Now they want to buy 30% of your gross product, and are willing to pay you 85% of your normal price per unit. This is substantial growth, and to accomodate, your company will have to expand.

As time goes on, you continue to sell your product to them, and they continue to purchase more and more until they purchase the lion's share of your product. Your company has expanded, purchased new machines to keep up with production levels, and you are moving right along with it. Wal-Mart is now 70% of your sales.

Then 3. Wal Mart comes to you and says that they have decided that they are going to pay you 60% of your normal price per unit, or they will not use your goods at all.

Now you've expanded, you've become less attentive to your smaller customers while you've focused on Wal Mart's ever increasing demand, you have more overhead, more equipment to maintain, etc.
                          What do you do?

They use this model to intentionally build up a dependence, so that they can slit the company's throat and bleed them dry.
                          So somebody keeps willingly making deals with Wal-Mart and back themselves into a corner and it's Wal-Marts fault?

Interesting.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                            So somebody keeps willingly making deals with Wal-Mart and back themselves into a corner and it's Wal-Marts fault?

Interesting.
                            it's like those damn North Koreans that keep supporting their leader
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              Adam, I saw you posted in this thread, and was instantly reminded of that time we walked past that couple in that Wal-mart, and the wife had fake tits, and you had your, "nice fake tits - sorry about the low self esteem," shirt, and they both saw it. The wife pulled a stink face, and the husband chuckled, and amusement was achieved.
                              Stellar.

Comment

• <---- stood at the door for 45 minutes to deliver a compressor for one of their refrigeration units. Took about an hour to do a 5-10 minute delivery. Id rather pay an extra $20 every time a shop then give them a dime.

Comment

Working...
                                X