Wal-mart facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Walmart is China. You shop there, you support the enemy and contribute to the further demise of this country. That's my opinion.

I know it's capitalism and more power to them, but their success hinges on stupid Americans consuming imported goods for cheap, instead of spending more on local goods, encouraging local production and stimulating domestic growth. It's alright though, we don't make anything in this country anymore so we might as well accept defeat and buy cheap from our enemy. It's the American way now.
    I'll take "Law of Comparative Advantage" and "Modernization of Economies" for $500 please, Alex.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Walmart is China. You shop there, you support the enemy and contribute to the further demise of this country. That's my opinion.

I know it's capitalism and more power to them, but their success hinges on stupid Americans consuming imported goods for cheap, instead of spending more on local goods, encouraging local production and stimulating domestic growth. It's alright though, we don't make anything in this country anymore so we might as well accept defeat and buy cheap from our enemy. It's the American way now.
      What local goods? Wal-Mart sales the same shit that other companies do. Are you people really that dense?
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        I'll take "Law of Comparative Advantage" and "Modernization of Economies" for $500 please, Alex.
        If "modernization" means we produce nothing and consume everything, we are destined for economic collapse. That's the fuckin daily double.

Comment

That's the fuckin daily double.
          Ok, I laughed.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            What local goods? Wal-Mart sales the same shit that other companies do. Are you people really that dense?
            Exactly. Nothing produced locally. Problem one.

Problem two: American consumerism. Buy cheap imported shit.

Walmart isn't the only store pushing foriegn products, it's just the biggest. I could point out many others, I mean have you been to Harbor Freight?

Comment

Exactly. Nothing produced locally. Problem one.

Problem two: American consumerism. Buy cheap imported shit.

Walmart isn't the only store pushing foriegn products, it's just the biggest. I could point out many others, I mean have you been to Harbor Freight?
              Ok, well at least you acknowledge that it's not just Wal-Mart. It seems that everybody else thinks that buying a TV at Bestbuy is better for the american economy than buying at Wal-Mart. I've never been to Harbor Frieght...I don't think. America doesn't buy American because goods got too expensive. This isn't anything new. Labor laws keep upping minimum wage and unions/individuals demanded higher wages. You can blame the higher ups for seeing that production costs were starting to get too close to profit numbers. Again, business is business. Business isn't always loyal or fair. Global capitalism hasn't been around that long. There's more to blame than Wal-Mart and that seems to be what some people forget.

I worked with a guy who said he won't shop at Wal-Mart because they're open on Christmas, yet he has no problem eating McDonalds or going to the movies. People have stupid reasons to do, or not do things and it baffles me.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

How many light bulbs are manufactured in America? Are we supporting the enemy by buying light bulbs?

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Nah, it's just easy to pick on the biggest snake oil salesman. It's our own fault that we don't want to produce or buy a majority of our goods domestically. Walmart is genius. I can't blame them for capitalizing on American blind consumerism. The whole subject really squeezes my gerbils.

Comment

I think it has less to do with American consumerism and more to do with the issues that American manufacturers have to endure trying to produce goods in our country and still be profitable. Taxes, labor costs, environmental issues, legality issues, it is hard to produce anything here that is an equal quality as foreign made for anywhere near the same cost. In this day, it is hard for people to justify paying so much more for American made items when imported items are readily available.

Stevo
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• fuck walmart... I'd rather delay the demise vs. accelerate it
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        fuck walmart... I'd rather delay the demise vs. accelerate it

Many people will agree, but many more don't have the means to do so in these current economical times.

I'll buy American when I can, but cannot afford to put my family into an economic position by doing so. AT some point for many Americans, buying imported shit becomes a 'do or die' economical choice.

Scenario... I'm stretched out thin on a fab job, can't get paid until it is done, and my port-a-band burns up, a replacement is $300 of which I currently do not have the fundage to replace, my choices are limited to trying to find a cheap one in a pawn shop, or go buy one at Harbor Freight for $69. In this situation, I have to buy foreign.

I'm pretty drunk so I might not be too clear on my statements.

Stevo

Comment

• nah, I hear ya man... you do what you gotta do

look out for you and your family above all! I decided early that I am never going to have kids, so I have more money to "vote" with... I vote "fuck walmart"! LOL
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            nah, I hear ya man... you do what you gotta do

look out for you and your family above all! I decided early that I am never going to have kids, so I have more money to "vote" with... I vote "fuck walmart"! LOL
                            Oddly enough, I understand and agree with everything that everyone is saying about wal-mart.

I shop Target, which are products sold at wal-mart for a slight markup. Better looking chicks though.

1st we need more stuff made here and then people need to be able to afford it.

Edit: Also shop Costco. Which again - products generally are the same. However, you can luck out and find high quality products.

However, I'm sure we all shop NT, HF, Sears and other tool stores...most of that is not American made.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• I love how people think Walmart is evil.

If you don't like Walmart, shop else where. There are many other places to shop.

If you don't like Walmart, work else where. 175 million people in the US found jobs at places other than Walmart to work at. You can too.
                              class joke
                              {
                              private:
                              char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                              double Peas, Carrots;
                              string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                              };

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                                I love how people think Walmart is evil.

If you don't like Walmart, shop else where. There are many other places to shop.

If you don't like Walmart, work else where. 175 million people in the US found jobs at places other than Walmart to work at. You can too.
                                Wal Mart's business practices are completely unethical. Ethics go a long way with me, so fuck them.

Comment

Working...
                                X