Wal-mart facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    I would rather a "piece of my check" go to someone who gets off their ass and works (as a subsidy) than a "piece of my check" go to some POS that sits around and pops out kids so she doesn't have to work at all. And then that POS has a baby daddy that lives with her and steals/sells dope and drives an Escalade with 26" rims.
    I agree 100%, but I would rather public money go to neither. Walmart has successfully managed to make us pay their employees rather than them doing so.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I would rather a "piece of my check" go to someone who gets off their ass and works (as a subsidy) than a "piece of my check" go to some POS that sits around and pops out kids so she doesn't have to work at all. And then that POS has a baby daddy that lives with her and steals/sells dope and drives an Escalade with 26" rims.
      Agreed. To a degree, I don't mind helping those that are at least trying to help themselves.

But I am vehemently against the second scenario.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I agree 100%, but I would rather public money go to neither. Walmart has successfully managed to make us pay their employees rather than them doing so.
        Isn't that pretty damn smart though? (not that I like my money going to anyone, but hey, at least they are working)

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Agreed. To a degree, I don't mind helping those that are at least trying to help themselves.

But I am vehemently against the second scenario.
        My man.

Comment

My man.
          that's not gay

Comment

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I like Walmart b/c I can get Mobile 1, condoms, beer, hot wings, chlorine, and a fishing license all in one trip. Makes it nice when you have kids to haul around too.
              WRX

Comment

Successful business plan, provides tons of jobs, I can get what I need easily. Nothing to see here.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Isn't that pretty damn smart though? (not that I like my money going to anyone, but hey, at least they are working)

My man.
                  Hell yes it is smart, but smart and good ethics do not always coexist. Stuff like this has happened many times in the history of our nation, and it usually ends in some sort of cultural backlash that spawns significant government action. A few examples are The Jungle, the Bread and Roses strike, TR's famous trust busting sprees, etc.

Comment

It's brilliant. I love walmart, though I tend to do my meat shopping at Brookshires and Kroger. But everything else? Wally world
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

How is Walmart paying low wages (which are still above minimum wage) for no skills labor wage slavery?

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
                        My problem with Walmart is the number of employees not eligible for benefits that the US taxpayer has to pick up the tab for.
                        But, you're cool with all of the other places that don't offer benefits to part-time employees? What about car dealerships? I know the one I worked for couldn't get their shit straight for the life of them on health insurance, 401k, or anything like that. It's not just Wal-Mart.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          A good portion of Walmart employees are eligible for various entitlement programs as a result of low salaries, part time employment, and lack of employee benefits. A piece of your check goes to these folks.

I seldom do not side with corporations/businesses, but the ethics of Walmart piss me off. It is wage slavery, like sharecropping in the Old South or in the textile mills of the progressive era.
                          Like my previous post said, it's not just Wal-Mart. Hourly pay no matter where you work is typically shitty.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I wish there was an HEB in HEB.

I have no problem with Walmart. It's cheap. Plenty of ghetto folks, but they don't start any shit with me, so I don't care. I do avoid the one on 183, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                              I wish there was an HEB in HEB.

Comment

If you're working for hourly wages, then you can negotiate based on your skills. Wait...don't need a lot of skills to punch into a register? Well then, sounds like they pay based on your skill requirements. However, they do promote from within, most of the managers were associates at one point.
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X